About Independent Financial Advisors
A good IFA, mortgage broker or mortgage advisor will be able to give you advice and guidance on the process of applying for a mortgage.
This will be especially useful if you are a first time buyer looking for a mortgage.
IFAs have access to a whole raft of different mortgages and will be able to help you make informed choices between fixed rate and tracker, repayment and interest only mortgages. They can also help you with your mortgage application.
Choosing an IFA
It’s always a good idea to choose mortgage brokers based on recommendation to help ensure you find the best people for the job.
If you buy a home from us, we work with a panel of trusted IFAs. Because we work together all the time, we suggest you use them for the smoothest mortgage application possible.
How your IFA can help
Initially, your IFA will make an informal review of your financial situation to check if you are likely to be able to get a mortgage.
Once they have assessed your eligibility, they will be able to tell you:
- What mortgages are available to you
- How much you will pay on a monthly basis at the current interest rate – this may change if rates are altered
- How much you will pay overall at the current interest rate (again, this is subject to change)
- How much you will be charged for a valuation on the property
- How much you pay when initial agreed term is finished
- Whether there is any early repayment fees and if the mortgage is transferable to another property
- What insurance options are available to you
- Whether you need to look at improving your credit rating before making a formal application
Improving your credit rating>>
<< Types of mortgage and interest rates