Come dine with Taylor Wimpey in our great new competition
Monday, 29 April 2013 - Kevin Belsham
There's something about good food that brings people together, and at Taylor Wimpey we love bringing people together. That's why we're launching a new competition for food bloggers that's all about that great social institution: the dinner party.
When you move into a new house, naturally you want to show it off to friends and neighbours as soon as possible (once the unpacking's out of the way, anyway). There's no better way to do this than to get everyone round for a dinner party, allowing you to flex your cookery skills and put that new kitchen through its paces - and officially declare your home a place where guests are welcome.
We're asking bloggers to submit a dream dinner party menu, including a starter, main, dessert and an accompanying wine - you can also include a welcome drink of your own invention. The menus will be sent to our judges: Ruth Clemens, author of The Pink Whisk blog and finalist in the Great British Bake-off 2010, and Mr P of influential food blog DeliciousDeliciousDelicious.
Together with a representative of Taylor Wimpey, they will judge your entries on creativity and originality, so don't be afraid to let your imagination run wild - be as daring as you want! Extra points will also be awarded for using locally-sourced and seasonal produce, so make the most of your local farmer's market.
The competition opens on 29th April 2013 and will run until the extended deadline 30th June 2013, after which we'll announce the winners. Four winners will be chosen in total: one for each individual course, who will win £100 each, and a £250 grand prize for the best menu overall. Winning menus will also be featured on the Taylor Wimpey site, so it's great exposure if you're an aspiring food writer!
To enter, you will need to upload a post on your blog detailing the menu you have created, as well as including a link to the Taylor Wimpey competition blog at http://www.taylorwimpey.co.uk/blog/2013/april/dinner-party-competition.htm. You will also need to email firstname.lastname@example.org with your menu submission. Please see the full terms and conditions below.
We wish all our entrants the best of luck, and we hope they inspire some truly unforgettable dinner parties!
Terms & Conditions
1. To enter a competition you must be 18 years old or over at the time of entry.
2. The competition is not open to employees (or members of their immediate families) of Taylor Wimpey or any subsidiaries of Taylor Wimpey.
3. Only one entry per person. In cases where multiple entries are submitted only the first entry will be counted. Incorrectly completed entries will be disqualified.
4. To enter, you will need to upload a post on your blog detailing the menu you have created, as well as including a link to the Taylor Wimpey competition blog. Entries must also be submitted to email@example.com before the closing date, 30/06/2013 at 23.59. Entries submitted after the closing date will not be counted.
5. A valid email address is required.
6. Sending an e-mail is not proof that we have received your entry. No responsibility can be accepted for entries that are lost or delayed, or which are not received for any reason.
7. Judging will be based on the creativeness of meal idea.
8. Judging will be completed by three independent and impartial parties. The Judges decision is final.
9. The winners will be picked by 06/07/2013 and notified via contact email address. If any of the winners fail to respond within 2 weeks of the announcement date a new winner will be chosen.
10. The prize will not be transferable to another person or party.
11. Prizes are not exchangeable.
12. Prizes will be awarded as advertised; 3 x £100 (£100 for each individual course - starter, main and dessert), 1 x £250 for the best menu overall.
13. Taylor Wimpey reserves the right to amend these rules at any time.
14. Taylor Wimpey will endeavour to send prizes within a month of the date the winners are announced but cannot guarantee this delivery time.
15. Payment will be made via PayPal to a valid email address provided by the winner after being notified.
16. For competition winners outside of the UK the prize value will be converted to the winner’s local currency according to PayPal’s exchange rate at the time of sending.