Need to sell your home this summer??
Monday, 29 July 2013 - Kevin Belsham
At this time of year, many people’s minds are focused on holidays and keeping the kids amused during the long break from school. Summer may not at first appear the obvious time to be thinking of moving, but the range of incentives on offer mean making the move to your dream home could be quicker and easier than you think.
If you do want to sell your existing property over the summer months, there are some easy steps you can take to attract buyers.
- Create kerb appeal – The outside of the house is the first thing buyers see, so make a good impression. Grass grows faster in the summer so you need to mow the lawn more often to keep it looking neat and tidy. Make a welcoming entrance by planting flowers, trimming bushes and keeping borders weed-free. Freshen up your front door with a new lick of paint.
- Bring outdoor living to life - Use nice pieces of garden furniture and colourful accessories to create an inviting outdoor living space. You can create an outside dining area close to a barbecue, or simply place a comfy chair in a sunny spot. It creates an illusion for a buyer that says yes, you can own this lifestyle too.
- The light fantastic – Make the most of summer light inside your home. If you have heavy curtains, remove them; they tend to make rooms look smaller by encroaching on space. Pull all your blinds to the top and consider tie-backs if you don't already have them.
- Bright and breezy – Using bright summer colours in your accessories will blow a breath of fresh air throughout your home. Replace cushions or rugs with brighter, summer hues and introduce vases of fresh flowers to bring the outdoors in.
- Keep cool – Hot, stuffy rooms will send viewers racing for the front door. Keep the temperature down with fans if necessary. Also, offer potential buyers a cooling drink - if they feel relaxed and comfortable they are more likely to spend longer looking round your home.
Of course, if you want to save yourself the time and hassle of selling your old home, come and talk to us about our popular Part Exchange scheme. We buy your current home at an agreed price, saving you the expense and stress of finding the right buyer, plus there is no chain so you can arrange to move into your new home in next to no time. Search our website for more information and to see what’s on offer in your neck of the woods.