We are looking for an Accounts Assistant who will supply administrative support to the business, in particular to become a well rounded member of the team who will be able to support all aspects of the sales ledger, purchase ledger and credit control routines while providing assistance to the Finance Manager.
The successful candidate will be planned and organised, demonstrate customer focus and be able to develop relationships.
- Process invoices daily from previous day’s shipments.
- Process direct sales invoices – from purchase invoice, sales shipment, to sales invoice .
- Ensure all sales invoices are raised correctly.
- Allocate cash receipts.
- Issue statements in pdf and excel format.
- Maintain log of invoice queries.
- Investigation of invoice queries and discussion with Customer Services on best response.
- Chasing of overdue debts.
- New suppler & customer creation & maintenance.
- Bank reconciliation.
- Balance sheet reconciliations.
- Management of rebates sales invoiced and distribution of cash received.
- Holiday cover for purchase ledger role.
- Processing of staff expenses.
- Understanding of all processes within I.T system to provide support and problem solutions.
- Ad hoc assistance with projects as required.
- AAT qualified or working towards the qualification
- At least 3 years’ relevant experience in a similar role
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Knowledge of finance processes
In order to be successful in this role you must be able to prove eligibility to work in the UK.
If you are successful at interview and the Company considers making an offer of employment, you may be asked to give your consent to the following pre-employment check[s] being undertaken by our third party provider, Experian (or any other appropriate third party provider that the Company chooses to engage).
The type of checks made will depend on the role in question but may include any or all of the following
Criminal records (DBS);
The purpose of such checks will be to assess your suitability for the role. If it subsequently transpires that you have given incorrect, false or misleading information, your application will not be taken further.
Taylor Wimpey is a FTSE 100 business and one of the largest residential developers in the UK, building new homes
and communities across England, Scotland and Wales.
Our vision is to become the UK’s leading residential developer for creating value and delivering quality. We build over 10,000 homes each year, from one-bedroom apartments to six-bedroom houses all across the country.
Our people are passionate about the house building industry and about our customers. Culturally we pride ourselves in having a diverse work force with an opportunity to grow a career in a variety of environments. We look to develop our people in the skills and areas they are most interested in so if you are looking to join a thriving company going through an exciting period then please get in touch.
Internal applicants – please advise your Line Manager if applying for this role.