Do you want to work for one of the largest residential developers in the UK and to have an opportunity to develop a successful career? This is your chance to join a fantastic team within Taylor Wimpey.
We are looking for an Accounts Assistant who will assist the Finance Manager with the day to day delivery of the Finance Department function, ensuring all supplier invoices are accurately recorded and paid in line with Taylor Wimpey procedures.
The successful candidate will be planned and organised, demonstrate customer focus and be able to develop relationships.
- Input goods received notes onto the system to enable three-way matching.
- Input invoices on to the purchase ledger using the three-way matching or two-way matching system.
- Ensure that invoices have the appropriate authorisation prior to paying them, which will include signatures; matching to orders and delivery tickets.
- Liaise with all departments to ensure that all invoices are dealt with in line with audit requirements and within a reasonable time scale.
- Manage purchase ledger queries from suppliers and staff in a professional and timely manner.
- Reconciliation of Supplier Statements prior to payment runs.
- Ensuring that all payments are made promptly and accurately.
- Complete control documentation to update the ledger with new suppliers and amendment of existing supplier details.
- Preparing the bi-monthly Payment runs
- Preparing audit reports as required
- Complete control documentation to update the ledger with new Subcontractors and amendment of existing subcontractor details.
- Preparing weekly payment runs
- Ensuring all Self- Billing information and Subcontractor insurance details are up to date
- Previous experience of working in an accounts department
- Working knowledge of MS Office especially Excel.
- Computer proficiency.
- Working in a time critical environment.
- Knowledge of Coins an advantage
- Team commitment.
- Methodical and thorough attention to detail.
- Good time management with ability to hit deadlines.
In order to be successful in this role you must be able to prove eligibility to work in the UK.
Taylor Wimpey is a FTSE 100 business and one of the largest residential developers in the UK, building new homes
and communities across England, Scotland and Wales.
Our vision is to become the UK’s leading residential developer for creating value and delivering quality. We build over 10,000 homes each year, from one-bedroom apartments to six-bedroom houses all across the country.
Our people are passionate about the house building industry and about our customers. Culturally we pride ourselves in having a diverse work force with an opportunity to grow a career in a variety of environments. We look to develop our people in the skills and areas they are most interested in so if you are looking to join a thriving company going through an exciting period then please get in touch.
Internal applicants – please advise your Line Manager if applying for this role.