We are looking for an Adoptions Manager to take the responsibility for and to manage the procedure of roads, sewer and public open space adoption works.
- To review existing bond liability and identify where they can be reduced / eradicated
- To manage the overall bond liability via the Taylor Wimpey bond database and identify the key triggers to facilitate reduction
- Prior to new sites finishing, working with the Production Department to ensure a timely issue of a maintenance certificate for both roads and sewers
- Ensure all Health & Safety Method Statements and Risk Assessments are approved
- Keep the regional adoption schedule and completed estates report up to date
- Prepare a report and present to the Regional Management Team on completed estates liabilities.
- Understand and report on any legal implications and impediments which prevent the adoption of sewers, roads and public open spaces.
- Undertake joint inspections with highway authorities, water companies and other adopting bodies to establish the extent of any remedial works required to enable timely adoption.
- Seek quotations for highway, drainage, M&E, street lighting and landscaping remedial works using approved Contractors
- Undertake tender comparison and analysis
- Prepare and review annual cost plans/cash flow projections for adoption works
- To ensure grounds maintenance contracts are in place for all completed estates and that they are reviewed regularly and are ceased at the appropriate time when such time adoption takes place.
- The individual must have a strong engineering and technical background / strong on site knowledge and experience, and be familiar with the adoptions process.
- A methodical and accurate approach to all tasks with close attention to detail.
- The ability to work as part of a team and to communicate clearly and effectively at all levels with internal staff and local and service authorities etc.
- Enthusiasm, flexible and show a willingness to learn.
- Competent computer skills, including AutoCAD, Microsoft word, excel, outlook etc.
- Relevant experience in a similar position with a recognised housing developer or with a Highway / Drainage Authority.
- Experience in estate roads and sewer design, construction and inspection.
- Experience in preparing schedules of work, bills of quantities and undertaking tender analysis of such works.
In order to be successful in this role you must be able to prove eligibility to work in the UK.
Taylor Wimpey is a FTSE 100 business and one of the largest residential developers in the UK, building new homes and communities across England, Scotland and Wales.
Our vision is to become the UK’s leading residential developer for creating value and delivering quality. We build over 10,000 homes each year, from one-bedroom apartments to six-bedroom houses all across the country.
Our people are passionate about the house building industry and about our customers. Culturally we pride ourselves in having a diverse work force with an opportunity to grow a career in a variety of environments. We look to develop our people in the skills and areas they are most interested in so if you are looking to join a thriving company going through an exciting period then please get in touch.