Taylor Wimpey is a FTSE 100 business and one of the largest residential developers in the UK, building new homes and communities across England, Scotland and Wales. We are passionate about building new homes and communities with a focus on sustainability.
Taylor Wimpey takes part in the National House-Building Council (NHBC) Pride in the Job scheme, where our sites are independently assessed by the NHBC across 28 different standards. We are also committed to providing a safe place in which our employees and sub-contractors can work and to high standards of environmental management. Trades and labour are the backbone of our build process. We build over 10,000 homes a year.
We are now looking to grow our directly employed trade’s teams, so if you are looking for a career in Production then you’ll be joining a business with a passion for getting things right first time and exceeding customer expectations. We are looking for talent that takes pride in the work they do, manage their time effectively and can build strong relationships with other people.
Career prospects in this exciting part of the business are excellent and many of our trade apprentices have gone on to become senior leaders within our business.
If this is something that interests you, we currently have the following opportunities: -
What you'll need to succeed:
- Ability to work independently, prioritise work and take initiative
- Able to demonstrate efficiency and reliability
- Face to Face customer service experience
- An understanding of health and safety
- The ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to solve problems
- A strong pride in the job and a relentless dedication to quality in everything you do
- A willingness to learn and adapt skills to the role
- GCSE English & Math’s Level 4 (grade C) or Functional Skills level 1
- Over 17 years of age on 20th August 2018
Our apprenticeships are designed to give you the right balance between classroom learning and hands on experience ensuring you are best placed to be offered a permanent opportunity following your studies. Typically, apprenticeships with Taylor Wimpey will be completed within 3 years and will give you a formal Level 2 and 3 NVQ/Diplomas. Your course will comprise of 4 days a week on site, at one of our developments, working alongside other apprentices and skilled trades people. You will attend a local college for the remaining day of your working week to complete your associated theory and practical studies.
To be successful in this role you must be able to prove eligibility to work in the UK and hold a full UK drivers licence.
If you are successful at interview and the Company considers making an offer of employment, you may be asked to give your consent to the following pre-employment check[s] being undertaken by our third-party provider, Experian (or any other appropriate third party provider that the Company chooses to engage).
The type of checks made will depend on the role in question but may include any or all of the following
- Criminal records (DBS);
- Credit reference
The purpose of such checks will be to assess your suitability for the role. If it subsequently transpires that you have given incorrect, false or misleading information, your application will not be taken further.
What you'll get in return:
- We offer a fantastic salary and package with a whole host of benefits for our directly employed skilled trades teams
- Career opportunities in a FTSE 100 business
- Pension plus company contributions
- Life Assurance
- 26 days paid holidays
- Share Save Scheme
- Membership to the Bupa cash plan, healthcare benefit
- Subsidised professional training and development
- Paid wet days
- Access to the Taylor Wimpey House purchase discount scheme
We also offer a number of other Flexible Benefits including:
- Childcare vouchers
- Dental health cover
- Free Bupa health assessments,
- Buy additional holidays,
- Cycle to work scheme,
- Discounted Gym memberships
- Retail discounts
What you need to do now:
If you're interested in this role forward an up-to-date copy of your CV or application/covering letter detailing why you wish to apply for the role, why you think you’re suitable and any qualifications you feel are important that may help your application.