Apprentice Painter & Decorators
Painters & Decorators are responsible for the internal and external decoration of the units under construction. This would include the primary and final finishes for all rooms, doors, surrounds, staircases, garage doors, front doors and repairs.
- Basic understanding of paint
- Gloss work and wood preparation
- Basic knowledge of different paint mixing and why it is used.
- Working out and calculating amount of paint required to complete the task.
- Preparing surfaces and work spaces to enhance the best result.
- Calculating amount of paint required to complete task
- Removal of ironmongery and preparation for oil based work (front doors/garage doors).
- Mist coat application and reasons why this is done.
- Cleaning and clearing up after jobs.
- Topping up and the understanding of why this needs to be done
- The ability to work in a well organised and accurate way
- An awareness of safety issues, especially when working at height
- The ability to work as part of a team and with other tradespeople
- Knowledge of properties
- CSCS Card
Taylor Wimpey is a FTSE 100 business and one of the largest residential developers in the UK, building new homes and communities across England, Scotland and Wales.
Our vision is to become the UK’s leading residential developer for creating value and delivering quality. We build over 10,000 homes each year, from one-bedroom apartments to six-bedroom houses all across the country.
Our people are passionate about the house building industry and about our customers. Culturally we pride ourselves in having a diverse work force with an opportunity to grow a career in a variety of environments. We look to develop our people in the skills and areas they are most interested in so if you are looking to join a thriving company going through an exciting period then please get in touch.
Internal applicants – please advise your Line Manager if applying for this role.