To provide and maintain architectural design and technical support to all regional departments and site based teams to enable the region to achieve its objectives and agreed targets.
- Provide architectural support and technical guidance for regional site and office based operations.
- To co-ordinate and manage the issue of technical documentation.
- Maintain documentation for the standard product portfolio.
- Preparation of working drawings and ancillary details for site variation and bespoke units.
- Draw up Site Layouts and External Works Layouts based on Planning Layouts
- The commissioning, co-ordination and checking of various specialist suppliers designs and integrate their requirements into the working drawing packages i.e. pre-cast floors, roof trusses, timber frame etc.
- To liaise with NHBC to resolve technical & design issues.
- To secure Building Regulations approval through NHBC or Local Authority Building Control.
- Clearance of Building Control Conditions.
- Undertake or procure CDM Risk Assessments for all House types.
- Obtain SAP/EPC assessments.
- Attend CDM, specification and any other relevant meetings as required by the company.
- To register, resolve and monitor where appropriate site queries from production management to enable progressive product development.
- Provide Taylor Wimpey UK with feedback on standard product.
- Embrace innovative solutions to resolve technical and design issues.
- Design economically and understand the commercial aspects of design decisions.
- Produce designs in agreed timescales to ensure regional forecasts are achieved.
- Should have a broad understanding of corporate vision and policies.
- Discharge the Designers responsibilities under CDM regulations.
- Input into CDM Process.
- Computer literate with an excellent knowledge of AutoCAD.
- Producing housing and apartment working drawings and providing technical guidance and support.
- Building Regulations/NHBC Legislation
- Health and Safety/CDM Regulations
- Wide experience of planning and development within the housebuilding industry.
- Discipline related qualification.
In order to be successful in this role you must be able to prove eligibility to work in the UK.
Taylor Wimpey is a FTSE 100 business and one of the largest residential developers in the UK, building new homes and communities across England, Scotland and Wales.
Our vision is to become the UK’s leading residential developer for creating value and delivering quality. We build over 10,000 homes each year, from one-bedroom apartments to six-bedroom houses all across the country.
Our people are passionate about the house building industry and about our customers. Culturally we pride ourselves in having a diverse work force with an opportunity to grow a career in a variety of environments. We look to develop our people in the skills and areas they are most interested in so if you are looking to join a thriving company going through an exciting period then please get in touch.
Internal applicants – please advise your Line Manager if applying for this role.