Assistant Accountant role that will ensure effective, efficient and accurate processing of financial transactions in line with the Finance Manual and Operating Framework.
Analysis of financial transactions as required by teams across the business
- Analysis of timing/permanent differences for cost centres
- Sales Ledger analysis and processing
- Monthly cost centre review and analysis for cost centre heads
- Assist Finance Manager with salary & balance sheet account reconciliation or investigations
- Support the VAT return process
- Daily review & preparation of the cash book, bank postings & bank recs
- Review of AP invoices and Expenses claims
- Monthly submissions to head office
- Preparation & oversight of sales commissions
- Assist FM with Weekly Sales routine
- Oversight and authorisation of House Sales Completion statements
Processing of financial transactions including the following:
- Intercompany transfers and reconciliations, including liaising with regional Business Units to resolve differences
- Preparation and posting of monthly journals including accruals
Assist with annual budget process and mid-year forecasts
- Liaise with central IT support for change requests for the business unit
- Support the finance manager with car fleet admin
- Cover for transaction processing within the team as required including Weekly Payroll
- Highly numerate, motivated individual who is able to work in a team and use their initiative, providing solutions to their manager on identified problems.
- Willing to roll-up their sleeves and get involved with all aspects of finance.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience in well organised accounts function preferable.
- Part qualified and relevant membership of CIMA / ACCA / ACA
- Practical experience of a recognized accounting system
- Previous Experience of COINS or ERP system (preferred)
- Previous Experience of House Building/Construction/Engineering (preferred)
- Advanced Excel skills.
In order to be successful in this role you must be able to prove eligibility to work in the UK.
Taylor Wimpey is a FTSE 100 business and one of the largest residential developers in the UK, building new homes and communities across England, Scotland and Wales.
Our vision is to become the UK’s leading residential developer for creating value and delivering quality. We build over 10,000 homes each year, from one-bedroom apartments to six-bedroom houses all across the country.
Our people are passionate about the house building industry and about our customers. Culturally we pride ourselves in having a diverse work force with an opportunity to grow a career in a variety of environments. We look to develop our people in the skills and areas they are most interested in so if you are looking to join a thriving company going through an exciting period then please get in touch.
Internal Applicants – Please ensure you inform your Line Manager before applying