Assistant Finance Manager
An opportunity has come up for an Assistant Finance Manager to join a fantastic finance team within Taylor Wimpey.
This role will assist and supervise the delivery of the daily processing operations of the region’s finance function.
Management of daily processing operations
- Assist the FM in the supervision of the Finance team through a positive, engaging approach, ensuring that payment processes are robust and controlled, and outputs delivered correctly and in a timely manner.
- Act as primary contact for queries from the team, escalating to Senior Finance Manager as appropriate.
- Assist in the allocation of day-to-day activities of the Finance team.
- Develop Finance team members through on the job training, working in conjunction with the Senior Finance Manager.
BU Accounting , Reporting and Control
- Act as key review point for ensuring month-end process is carried out in accordance with monthly instructions.
- Respond to data and analysis requests from across the BU Management Team, Division and Group
- Assist with resolution of Balance Sheet reconciliation review points as identified by the Senior Finance Manager or Finance Director.
- Review overhead costs and expenses from a forecast perspective to ensure in line with budget.
- Assist with and provide cover for the preparation of the manual payment runs
- Preparation of detailed selling expense spend analysis for review.
- Ensure Finance Manual procedures are complied with and any issues identified to enable dispensation to be sought where appropriate.
- Maintain a continuous focus on data integrity across all TW departments.
- Assist with resolution of internal and external audit queries and act as contact point where appropriate.
- Assist the Senior Finance Manager and Finance Director in enhancing existing reporting and creation of new and innovative analysis to support business decisions.
- Assist with booking of more complex month-end journals
Forecasts and Budgets
- Assist Senior Finance Manager and Finance Director in the production of budgets and projections
- Act as a key business partner with other functions providing critical challenge to information received
Joint Venture (JV) Accounting and Reporting
- Review JV bank account entries, supplier invoices and payments ensuring alignment to the JV agreements.
- Review intercompany, funding and any other journals associated with the JV to ensure costs accurately recorded.
- Review non-automatic bank transactions for the JV
- Review JV VAT and CIS returns for review and submit to Group Tax/HMRC.
- Reconcile and review COINS generated journals for JV housing plot legal completions.
- Ensure the accuracy and timeliness of funding from JV partners.
- Preparation and submission of monthly management accounts using both COINS and supporting financial models.
- Prepare all other monthly, quarterly and annual reporting requirements in line with JV agreements.
- Proactively provide analysis and explanations of actual variances from budget and forecast.
- Prepare and maintain bank reconciliations and balance sheet reconciliations for the JV.
- Assist in preparation of dashboard reports for monthly JV Board meeting and other ad-hoc queries as required.
- Prepare / review annual statutory accounts for the Joint Ventures and subsidiary entities and ensure filing deadlines are met.
- Liase with Joint Venture partners as required.
- Act as key point of contact for set-up of new JVs as and when required.
- Deputise for the FM, provide analysis and attend meetings on his/her behalf.
- Proactively support managers/directors from the other functions.
- Provide information to enable robust decision making within the business
- Maintain current knowledge of site operational status and forecast business plans to permit transition/cover with the FM role.
- Support clearance of internal / external audit queries including data quality and ongoing monitoring checks.
- Assist in other ad-hoc projects as required
- Previous industry experience - preferred
- Experience and knowledge of Joint Venture accounting - preferred
- Part-Qualified Accountant – ACA, ACCA, CIMA
- Good (Strong preferred) working knowledge of MS Office and Excel in particular
- Experience of working with an ERP system
In order to be successful in this role you must be able to prove eligibility to work in the UK.
If you are successful at interview and the Company considers making an offer of employment, you may be asked to give your consent to the following pre-employment check[s] being undertaken by our third party provider, Experian (or any other appropriate third party provider that the Company chooses to engage).
The type of checks made will depend on the role in question but may include any or all of the following
Criminal records (DBS);
The purpose of such checks will be to assess your suitability for the role. If it subsequently transpires that you have given incorrect, false or misleading information, your application will not be taken further.
Taylor Wimpey is a FTSE 100 business and one of the largest residential developers in the UK, building new homes and communities across England, Scotland and Wales.
Our vision is to become the UK’s leading residential developer for creating value and delivering quality. We build over 10,000 homes each year, from one-bedroom apartments to six-bedroom houses all across the country.
Our people are passionate about the house building industry and about our customers. Culturally we pride ourselves in having a diverse work force with an opportunity to grow a career in a variety of environments. We look to develop our people in the skills and areas they are most interested in so if you are looking to join a thriving company going through an exciting period then please get in touch.
Internal applicants – please advise your Line Manager if applying for this role.