Assistant Quantity Surveyor
Do you want to be part of a successful company? An excellent opportunity has arisen for a motivated and customer focused Assistant Quantity Surveyor to join our growing Commercial Team within Taylor Wimpey.
We are currently looking for an individual with excellent negotiation skills and attention to detail. You will become part of a dynamic team responsible for all procurement, commercial and contractual aspects of the Central London BU. The role entails interfacing with all staff involved in the project including, but not limited to, external consultants, main contractors, external suppliers and JV / Development partners.
- Commercial reporting of projects within the region including benchmarking, land viabilities, tender recommendations, WIP, cashflows, valuations, final accounts and VIM process.
- Preparation of Site Budgets
- Negotiating and procuring all JCT Design & Build and TW Framework Agreements to ensure that the business’ unit output programme is carried out professionally and within budget.
- Managing external consultants to deliver the above where appropriate.
- Tendering and procuring consultants in accordance with the design programme for each site.
- Monitoring and evaluating Contractor performance and take any appropriate action.
- General understanding of the following:
- single, two stage, negotiated procurement with Main Contractors / Subcontractors
- JCT Design & Build Contracts and Development Agreements
- Supply chain management including external consultants, development partners and subcontractors
- Building Regulations, NHBC and HSE requirements
- Liaise with the Land, Sales, Project, Construction, Finance, Customer Relations departments to ensure full coordination of all commercial related matters
- Negotiate and place orders with Main Contractors, labour & material subcontractors/suppliers and consultants on a competitive tender basis
- Ensure all specifications and programmes are complied with and that quality is not compromised
- Work with all contractors and suppliers to negotiate best deals where appropriate and work with other departments to improve cost effectiveness
- Monitor, manage and report all cost movements from land appraisal to project completion including but not limited to dwelling structures, professional fees, abnormals, infrastructure costs
- Assist is the preparation of a detailed Site Budget
- Manage closed sites provisions
- Assist in preparing monthly WIP and cashflow forecasting
- Monitor and manage cost movements within the site valuation
- Assist in evaluating and preparing CVR’s and Risk & Opportunities
- Assist in the evaluation and preparation of contractor, subcontractor and consultant payments, variation orders and day works and settlement of final accounts
- Undertake valuations of production at budgeted cost on a bi-monthly basis
- Report on savings and excesses against budget costs to the Director
- Forecast final accounts
- Good knowledge of the full development and technical process
- Well organised and capable of organizing and leading others
- Attention to detail and accurate reporting
- Ability to multi-task and be able to prioritise workload
In order to be successful in this role you must be able to prove eligibility to work in the UK.
If you are successful at interview and the Company considers making an offer of employment, you may be asked to give your consent to the following pre-employment check[s] being undertaken by our third party provider, Experian (or any other appropriate third party provider that the Company chooses to engage).
The type of checks made will depend on the role in question but may include any or all of the following
Criminal records (DBS);
The purpose of such checks will be to assess your suitability for the role. If it subsequently transpires that you have given incorrect, false or misleading information, your application will not be taken further.
Taylor Wimpey is a FTSE 100 business and one of the largest residential developers in the UK, building new homes and communities across England, Scotland and Wales.
Our vision is to become the UK’s leading residential developer for creating value and delivering quality. We build over 10,000 homes each year, from one-bedroom apartments to six-bedroom houses all across the country.
Our people are passionate about the house building industry and about our customers. Culturally we pride ourselves in having a diverse work force with an opportunity to grow a career in a variety of environments. We look to develop our people in the skills and areas they are most interested in so if you are looking to join a thriving company going through an exciting period then please get in touch.
Internal applicants – please advise your Line Manager if applying for this role.