Assistant Quantity Surveyor
Do you want to be part of a successful company? An excellent opportunity has arisen for a motivated and customer focused Assistant Quantity Surveyor to join our growing Commercial Team within Taylor Wimpey.
We are currently looking for an individual with excellent negotiation skills and attention to detail.
Scheduling and quantifying materials and labour
- Negotiate and place orders for labour and material sub-contractors and suppliers on a competitive tender basis
- Ensure all specifications and programmes are complied with and that quality is not compromised
- Monitor invoicing procedures
- Assist in the calculation of all the prime costs on developments within the business
- Assist in the preparation of Site Budgets for authorisation by BUMT at the appropriate time
- Assist in the management of closed site provisions
- Assist in monthly WIP and cash flow forecasting
Monitor and report costs
- Monitor and explain all cost movements within the site valuation
- Responsible for processing all Contractor, subcontractor and consultant orders and payments, variation orders and day works
- Undertake valuations of production at budgeted cost on a monthly basis
- Report on savings and excesses against budget costs
- Forecast final accounts
- Be aware of all codes of practice that impact on cost
- Monitor, reconcile and recharge any costs which relate to shared cost items with external companies or within the group
- Attend pre tender, pre start and any other relevant meeting as required under the Company’s Operating Framework
- Good knowledge of Building Regulations, NHBC and Health and Safety requirements
- Industry related business qualification
- 3yrs experience working in an industry related commercial team
- IT competent (COINS system preferable)
In order to be successful in this role you must be able to prove eligibility to work in the UK.
If you are successful at interview and the Company considers making an offer of employment, you may be asked to give your consent to the following pre-employment check[s] being undertaken by our third party provider, Experian (or any other appropriate third party provider that the Company chooses to engage).
The type of checks made will depend on the role in question but may include any or all of the following
Criminal records (DBS);
The purpose of such checks will be to assess your suitability for the role. If it subsequently transpires that you have given incorrect, false or misleading information, your application will not be taken further.
Taylor Wimpey is a FTSE 100 business and one of the largest residential developers in the UK, building new homes and communities across England, Scotland and Wales.
Our vision is to become the UK’s leading residential developer for creating value and delivering quality. We build over 10,000 homes each year, from one-bedroom apartments to six-bedroom houses all across the country.
Our people are passionate about the house building industry and about our customers. Culturally we pride ourselves in having a diverse work force with an opportunity to grow a career in a variety of environments. We look to develop our people in the skills and areas they are most interested in so if you are looking to join a thriving company going through an exciting period then please get in touch.
Internal applicants – please advise your Line Manager if applying for this role.