Assistant Quantity Surveyor
Do you want to be part of a successful company? An excellent opportunity has arisen for a motivated and customer focused Assistant Quantity Surveyor to join our growing Commercial Team within Taylor Wimpey.
We are currently looking for an individual with excellent negotiation skills and attention to detail.
Working closely with the Senior Buyer or Commercial Director you will be expected to assist staff with general administrative duties and low key orders within the buying department.
- Assist in liaising with staff within the commercial department to ensure administrative duties and orders are placed on time and to ensure the efficient assimilation of information
- Update on a weekly basis sites plant on-hire reports
- Update orders where price increases
- Invoice queries
- Maintaining lever arch files including making up new sites files and archiving
- Sending out order acknowledgements to site
- All orders are to be placed on the COINS system
- Any other duties as required by the commercial director/department
- Assist with preparing material schedules from working drawings
- Attend monthly site meetings with site buyer
- Oversee the running of sites once handover by the senior buyer/buyer
- Ability to learn and operate relevant IT and procedural systems
- Honesty, reliability and enthusiasm
- Team working
In order to be successful in this role you must be able to prove eligibility to work in the UK.
Taylor Wimpey is a FTSE 100 business and one of the largest residential developers in the UK, building new homes and communities across England, Scotland and Wales.
Our vision is to become the UK’s leading residential developer for creating value and delivering quality. We build over 10,000 homes each year, from one-bedroom apartments to six-bedroom houses all across the country.
Our people are passionate about the house building industry and about our customers. Culturally we pride ourselves in having a diverse work force with an opportunity to grow a career in a variety of environments. We look to develop our people in the skills and areas they are most interested in so if you are looking to join a thriving company going through an exciting period then please get in touch.
Internal applicants – please advise your Line Manager if applying for this role.