Assistant Site Manager
We are looking for an energetic, assured and ambitious Assistant Site Manager looking for that next step who is passionate in delivering ways to improve and provide a great Service in ways to make our customers feel truly special. This role is vital to the Production well-being of the company.
The successful applicant will report directly to the Site Manager and will be part of the Production Team.
You will efficiently manage the field operations including controlling sub-contractors day-to-day operations and ensuring that material supplies are available in conjunction with the Site Manager. This role will be both challenging and rewarding with exposure to a fast paced, vibrant environment.
- Completion of weekly planning sheets to ensure the overall build programme is met.
- Providing direction to individual contractors and contractor’s management to ensure quality standards are met.
- Resolving any conflicts that may occur between operations.
- Undertake a site safety induction for all new site personnel.
- Ensure all site personnel comply with the Construction Health and Safety Regulations 1974 as amended together with the Taylor Wimpey Health and Safety Procedures Manual.
- Liaise on a daily basis with the sales executive regarding customer options and variations.
- Plan and arrange visits of National House Builders Council inspector to carry out stage inspections and with Local Authority statutory services to carry out stage inspections.
- The resolution of any concerns or defects identified by the customer.
- Undertake regular inspection of each property during each stage of the build process and complete “snagging lists”
- You must have detailed building and construction experience.
- You will have knowledge of health, safety and environmental legislation.
- Ability to plan, organise the workload and make decisions with customer focus and business awareness.
- You will be passionate about managing people, being able to lead, manage, and motivate a team.
In order to be successful in this role you must be able to prove eligibility to work in the UK
Taylor Wimpey is a FTSE 100 business and one of the largest residential developers in the UK, building new homes and communities across England, Scotland and Wales.
Our vision is to become the UK’s leading residential developer for creating value and delivering quality. We build over 10,000 homes each year, from one-bedroom apartments to six-bedroom houses all across the country.
Our people are passionate about the house building industry and about our customers. Culturally we pride ourselves in having a diverse work force with an opportunity to grow a career in a variety of environments. We look to develop our people in the skills and areas they are most interested in so if you are looking to join a thriving company going through an exciting period then please get in touch.
You can no longer apply for this vacancy.