Assistant Site Manager
We are seeking to appoint an energetic and enthusiastic Assistant Site Manager to work alongside the Site Manager managing the team and efficiently supporting in all areas of the house building process. This role is vital to the Production team within the business unit and to well-being of the company as you will be managing quality standards that align directly to customer expectations.
The Assistant Site Manager will assist the Site Manager to ensure health and safety on site, material supplies are available, manage both direct employees and subcontractors, make sure risk assessments are completed and most importantly project manage the build process from the ground up to each plot of site.
This role is a stepping stone to a fully-fledged Site Manager position but also takes its own very important place within the organisation, providing vital day to day support. Our sites could not run successfully without strong Assistant Site Managers.
The successful candidate will have worked onsite before and be familiar with the key aspects of site management. They will also need to demonstrate the ability to plan and organise the workload whilst being comfortable making decisions that positively impact the experience of our customers.
Organisation and Control of labour and sub-contractors
- Completion of weekly planning sheets to ensure the overall build programme is met.
- Provide direction to individual contractors and contractor’s management to ensure quality standards are met.
- Resolve any conflicts that may occur between operations.
- Co-ordinate with the Site Manager to ensure the availability of materials to meet the construction programme.
- Maintain daily diary to record site events and requirements.
Health and Safety
- Undertake a site safety induction for all new site personnel.
- Ensure all site personnel comply with the Construction Health and Safety Regulations 1974 as amended together with the Taylor Wimpey Health and Safety Procedures Manual.
- Completion of all statutory forms on a weekly basis.
- Carry out frequent inspection of all operations to ensure they are carried out in a safe manner.
- Ensure all operatives are working to the method statements and risk assessments submitted by the relevant sub-contractors or Taylor Wimpey management.
- Comply with the site specific environmental action plan requirements.
- Liaise on a daily basis with the Sales Executive regarding customer options and variations.
- Liaise with the Sales Executive, Buying Department and sub-contractors regarding the supply and installation of customer choices.
- Co-ordinating with the Sales Executive the resolution of customer issues.
- Plan and arrange visits of National House Builders Council inspection to carry out stage inspections.
- Plan and arrange with Local Authority statutory services to carry out stage inspections.
- Accompany inspectors during the course of their visits.
- Assist the site manager in completion of the Home 0uality Inspection (HQI), prior to Customer Relations Manager HQI sign off inspection.
- Assist the Customer Relations Manager (where required) with the introduction of the customer to their new home at their Home Demonstration, ensuring that any defects are identified and resolved.
- Ensure that at legal completion the house is defect free, clean and ready for occupation, inclusive of all items identified at Home Quality Inspection.
- Assist the Site Manager and Customer Relations Manager if required, in regular visits to customers post legal completion to ensure the customers satisfaction with their new home.
- Assist the Site Manager and Customer Relations Manager to resolve any concerns or defects identified by the customer.
- Assist the Site Manager where applicable during the Customer Journey
- Assist the Site Manager in the management of the quality of work carried out by the sub-contractors and materials supplied by the manufacturers.
- Undertake regular inspection of each property during each stage of the build process and complete “snagging lists”.
- Issue defect sheets to relevant trades.
- Ensure all contractors work to issued drawings, company specification and trade conditions/scope of works.
- Assist the Site Manager applying Company operating framework franchise rules in respect of street scene etc.
Control of Work
- Ensure that requisite waste disposal skips and tip skips are available.
- Ensure that sub-contractors and direct labour separate waste in accordance with Company
- Trade background
- NVQ Residential Construction Site Supervision L4
- Detailed knowledge of building process, including NHBC and Building Regulations
- First aid qualified
- CSCS card holder at Manager/Supervisor level
In order to be successful in this role you must be able to prove eligibility to work in the UK.
If you are successful at interview and the Company considers making an offer of employment, you may be asked to give your consent to the following pre-employment check[s] being undertaken by our third party provider, Experian (or any other appropriate third party provider that the Company chooses to engage).
The type of checks made will depend on the role in question but may include any or all of the following
Criminal records (DBS);
The purpose of such checks will be to assess your suitability for the role. If it subsequently transpires that you have given incorrect, false or misleading information, your application will not be taken further.
Taylor Wimpey is a FTSE 100 business and one of the largest residential developers in the UK, building new homes and communities across England, Scotland and Wales.
Our vision is to become the UK’s leading residential developer for creating value and delivering quality. We build over 10,000 homes each year, from one-bedroom apartments to six-bedroom houses all across the country.
Our people are passionate about the house building industry and about our customers. Culturally we pride ourselves in having a diverse work force with an opportunity to grow a career in a variety of environments. We look to develop our people in the skills and areas they are most interested in so if you are looking to join a thriving company going through an exciting period then please get in touch.
Internal applicants – please advise your Line Manager if applying for this role.