Assistant Site Manager
We are seeking to appoint an energetic and enthusiastic Assistant Site Manager to work alongside the Site Manager managing the team and efficiently supporting in all areas of the house building process. This role is vital to the Production team within the business unit and to well-being of the company as you will be managing quality standards that align directly to customer expectations.
The Assistant Site Manager will assist the Site Manager to ensure health and safety on site, material supplies are available, manage both direct employees and subcontractors, make sure risk assessments are completed and most importantly project manage the build process from the ground up to each plot of site.
This role is a stepping stone to a fully-fledged Site Manager position but also takes its own very important place within the organisation, providing vital day to day support. Our sites could not run successfully without strong Assistant Site Managers.
The successful candidate will have worked onsite before and be familiar with the key aspects of site management. They will also need to demonstrate the ability to plan and organise the workload whilst being comfortable making decisions that positively impact the experience of our customers.
- The organisation and control of labour and sub-contractors including weekly planning sheets, conflict resolution between operations and maintenance of the daily site diary
- Health and Safety – including responsibility for induction of new employees and frequent inspection of all operations
- Liaising with the onsite Sales Executives
- Plan and arrange visits of National House Builders Council inspection to carry out stage inspections.
- Plan and arrange with Local Authority statutory services to carry out stage inspections.
- Customer Care – including assisting the Site Manager with introducing customers to their new home and ensuring homes are defect free at legal completion date
- Assist the Site Manager in the management of the quality of work carried out by the sub-contractors and materials supplied by the manufacturers.
- Assist the Site Manager applying Company operating framework franchise rules in respect of street scene etc.
- Ensure that requisite waste disposal skips and tip skips are available.
- Ensure that sub-contractors and direct labour separate waste in accordance with Company
- Knowledge of building process, including NHBC standards and general Building Regulations
- Desirable - NVQ Residential Construction Site Supervision L4
- First aid qualified
- CSCS card holder at Manager/Supervisor level
- Safety trained in Construction Site Safety
- Strong leadership skills and ability to communicate at all levels
- Scaffold inspection trained
- Excellent organisational and project management skills
- Attention to detail
In order to be successful in this role you must be able to prove eligibility to work in the UK.
If you are successful at interview and the Company considers making an offer of employment, you may be asked to give your consent to the following pre-employment check[s] being undertaken by our third party provider, Experian (or any other appropriate third party provider that the Company chooses to engage).
The type of checks made will depend on the role in question but may include any or all of the following
Criminal records (DBS);
The purpose of such checks will be to assess your suitability for the role. If it subsequently transpires that you have given incorrect, false or misleading information, your application will not be taken further.
Taylor Wimpey is a FTSE 100 business and one of the largest residential developers in the UK, building new homes and communities across England, Scotland and Wales.
Our vision is to become the UK’s leading residential developer for creating value and delivering quality. We build over 10,000 homes each year, from one-bedroom apartments to six-bedroom houses all across the country.
Our people are passionate about the house building industry and about our customers. Culturally we pride ourselves in having a diverse work force with an opportunity to grow a career in a variety of environments. We look to develop our people in the skills and areas they are most interested in so if you are looking to join a thriving company going through an exciting period then please get in touch.
Internal applicants – please advise your Line Manager if applying for this role.