Assistant Site Manager
At Taylor Wimpey, we are passionate about building new homes and communities with a focus on sustainability. An opportunity has arisen for an ambitious, energetic and customer-focused Assistant Site Manager, who has the ability and desire to show great leadership and decision-making skills to guide and inspire the Site Teams within Taylor Wimpey.
This vital role within our business will report directly into the Site Manager who is responsible for making sure that construction is completed within agreed timelines, cost parameters, safely and to our customers' satisfaction. We seek a dynamic, motivated and confident individual, who will assist the Site Manager in overseeing all the construction operations on site.
The successful candidate will demonstrate a polite, friendly and professional attitude who is solution focussed and passionate about getting things right first time despite challenges and obstacles that may occur. This role will be both challenging and rewarding with exposure to a fast paced, vibrant environment.
- Assisting the Site Manager in the project management of the Taylor Wimpey site build from site setup to ensuring houses are completed in time for customer move in dates
- Manage the health and safety always across site operations ensuring everyone on site is adhering to Taylor Wimpey’s standards and procedures
- Manage and maintain strong relationships with the subcontractor network on site and coordinating trades to ensure they are meeting key build milestones
- Work closely with Customer Services and Sales to ensure our customer journey plan is adhered to at all stages
- Work with the National House Building Council (NHBC) to carry out key site and plot inspections
- Mentor and develop your site manager apprentices, trainee assistant site managers and any other aspiring site management potential talent across the trades.
- Assistant Site management experience is desired, a trade background or knowledge of building process, including NHBC and Building Regulations, CCSCS card (Manager/Supervisor Level)
- Able to minimise risk through developing and endorsing safe operating processes
- Keeps promises to customers
- Take accountability for and can justify decisions, ensuring teams deliver on those decisions
- A natural and engaging communication style, working well with and supports others in teams
- Develop and support mutually beneficial partnerships all working collaboratively in the customers interest
- Generates and communicates ideas, solutions and data to improve sites/the business
- First Aid qualified.
Taylor Wimpey is a FTSE 100 business and one of the largest residential developers in the UK, building new homes and communities across England, Scotland and Wales.
Our vision is to become the UK’s leading residential developer for creating value and delivering quality. We build over 10,000 homes each year, from one-bedroom apartments to six-bedroom houses across the country.
Our people are passionate about the house building industry and about our customers. Culturally, we pride ourselves in having a diverse work force with an opportunity to grow a career in a variety of environments.
We look to develop our people in the skills and areas they are most interested in, so if you are looking to join a thriving company going through an exciting period then please get in touch.
What you’ll get in return:
We offer a fantastic salary and package with a whole host of benefits for our site teams.
- Taylor Wimpey has a strong Health and Safety record, we dedicate a lot of time in training and guiding Site Management teams on our procedures before they can supervise a site on their own and ensuring our standard procedures are generic across all sites.
- Our approach to the direction of build and the customer environment is second to none guaranteeing a structured build programme with smoothing to ensure completions are on time.
- We focus on customer service and work closely with our Customer Relations department and utilise their support to free up time for site management teams to concentrate on quality control (BQC) and running the site.
- Subsidised Professional Training HSE and HNC in Construction
- Career opportunities in a FTSE 100 business
- Competitive salary, bonus and benefits including the following:
- Pension plus company contributions
- Life Assurance
- 26 days paid holidays
- Share Save Scheme
- Membership to the Bupa cash plan, healthcare benefit
- Subsidised professional training and development
- Paid wet days
- Access to the Taylor Wimpey House purchase discount scheme with up to 20% discount
We also offer many other Flexible Benefits including:
- Childcare vouchers
- Dental health cover
- Free Bupa health assessments,
- Buy additional holidays,
- Cycle to work scheme,
- Discounted Gym memberships
- Retail discounts and
If you are successful at interview and the Company considers making an offer of employment, you may be asked to give your consent to the following pre-employment check[s] being undertaken by our third-party provider, Experian (or any other appropriate third-party provider that the Company chooses to engage).
The type of checks made will depend on the role in question but may include any or all the following;
- Criminal records (DBS)
- Credit reference
The purpose of such checks will be to assess your suitability for the role. If it subsequently transpires that you have given incorrect, false or misleading information, your application will not be taken further.
What to do next?
If you're interested in this role forward an up-to-date copy of your CV or application/covering letter detailing why you wish to apply for the role, why you think you’re suitable and any qualifications you feel are important that may help your application.