Assistant Strategic Land & Planning Manager
Fantastic role as Assistant Strategic Land and Planning Manager to assist in the identification, securing, promotion and delivery of planning consent on land with medium to longer term potential for residential development within the Division.
- Build and maintain strong internal and external relationships
- Ability to identify suitable opportunities to meet business strategy and regional land strategies
- Good knowledge of the geographical area and the main players within it
- Build good knowledge/relationships with land agents, Local Authorities and competitors
- Ability to assist with negotiations for margin enhancing agreements
- Knowledge and clear understanding of the continually evolving planning system and its emphasis on localism and sustainability
- Project management of consultant teams
- Assist with the management of internal and external project programmes and delivery strategies alongside regional business units
- Understanding the importance of viability in the negotiation and delivery of development
- Knowledge of the planning system and legislation
- Knowledge of the land market
- A track record of delivering time critical projects within programme and budget
In order to be successful in this role you must be able to prove eligibility to work in the UK.
Taylor Wimpey is a FTSE 100 business and one of the largest residential developers in the UK, building new homes and communities across England, Scotland and Wales.
Our vision is to become the UK’s leading residential developer for creating value and delivering quality. We build over 10,000 homes each year, from one-bedroom apartments to six-bedroom houses all across the country.
Our people are passionate about the house building industry and about our customers. Culturally we pride ourselves in having a diverse work force with an opportunity to grow a career in a variety of environments. We look to develop our people in the skills and areas they are most interested in so if you are looking to join a thriving company going through an exciting period then please get in touch.
Internal candidates – Please inform your line manager before applying