An excellent opportunity has arisen for a motivated and experienced Buyer to join our growing Commercial Team within Taylor Wimpey.
We are currently looking for a candidate who works collaboratively, shows great attention to detail and negotiation skills.
Working closely with the Senior Buyer and Commercial Director the successful candidate will be responsible for
negotiate and procure all materials, labour and plant to ensure that the business’ unit output programme is carried out professionally and within budget. Ensure adequate resources on site to build the product in accordance with the planned programme. Monitor and evaluate supplier performance and take any appropriate action.
- Liaise with the Sales and Design and Planning Departments with regard to specification on a site-by-site basis, advise on cost and availability of materials and products and produce specifications.
- Liaise with Production Management in respect of the programming and delivery of material supplies.
- Prepare material schedules from house type drawings and liaise with site management on any later amendments and revisions.
- Ensure all specifications and programmes are complied with and that quality is not compromised.
- Negotiate and place orders for hiring any plant e.g. forklifts, dumpers etc. and maintain a plant register where appropriate.
- Monitor invoicing procedures and resolve any issues in conjunction with the Finance Department.
- Work with all suppliers to negotiate best deals where appropriate and work with other departments to improve cost effectiveness.
- Monitor material quality and the performance of suppliers in conjunction with site based staff.
- Provide feedback to suppliers outlining where an unacceptable standard of materials or performance has been identified.
- Provide feedback to subcontractors outlining where an unacceptable standard of performance has been identified in the control, usage and any wastage of materials provided
- Ensure aware of continuing product development in light of changes in legislation i.e. building regulations etc.
- Attend pre-tender, pre start, specification and any other relevant meeting as required under the Company’s Growing Wiser procedure.
- Undertake regular site visits.
- Aware of Building Regulations, NHBC and Health and Safety requirements.
- Experience in the procurement and purchase of materials.
- IT skilled. A good working knowledge and experience of Management Information Systems such as COINS, or similar, and of web portal based document storage and tender issue systems, such as doc hosting, or similar
- Negotiation skills
- Business acumen
In order to be successful in this role you must be able to prove eligibility to work in the UK.
Taylor Wimpey is a FTSE 100 business and one of the largest residential developers in the UK, building new homes and communities across England, Scotland and Wales.
Our vision is to become the UK’s leading residential developer for creating value and delivering quality. We build over 10,000 homes each year, from one-bedroom apartments to six-bedroom houses all across the country.
Our people are passionate about the house building industry and about our customers. Culturally we pride ourselves in having a diverse work force with an opportunity to grow a career in a variety of environments. We look to develop our people in the skills and areas they are most interested in so if you are looking to join a thriving company going through an exciting period then please get in touch.
Internal applicants – please advise your Line Manager if applying for this role.