Management Trainee - Commercial
A fantastic opportunity to join the Taylor Wimpey Commercial team has arisen. We are looking for a customer focused candidate who is a great team worker, planned and organised.
As a Trainee we aim to equip you with an appreciation of the Company’s overall business and an in-depth knowledge of the Surveying function within the Regional Business Unit. This will enable the Trainee to ultimately carry out a variety of activities and duties as required by the Managing Surveyor and Commercial Director.
- Calculate all the costs on developments within the Business, reporting any movements in the costs since the preparation of the Land Purchase Exercise.
- Provide a detailed cost budget and share with Site Manager at the appropriate time
- Maintain schedules of quantities and price them individually for prime cost budget
- Full procurement process for sub-contractors and suppliers.
- Complete the apportionment of total costs to individual plots and produce a profit analysis for the Senior Surveyor
- Monitor and explain Sub Contractor cost movements
- Responsible for Sub Contractor payments, variation orders and day works and settlement of final accounts
- Undertake valuations of production at budgeted cost on a monthly basis and report on savings and excesses against Budget costs to the Director
- Forecast final accounts
- Be aware of all Codes of Practice that impact on estimating
- Monitor, reconcile and recharge any costs, which relate to shared cost items with either other Businesses within the Group, or external Companies.
- Attend Pre Start, Specification and any other relevant meeting as required
- Input and maintain any computer based databases or systems
- Any other duties as required by the Commercial Director and Commercial Manager.
- Be planned and organised
- Develop relationships
- Continuously improve performance
- Makes informed decisions
- It will be necessary for the Trainee to enrol on a recognised and relevant training course at a local college. Exam results and college reports will be reviewed at the appropriate time, and continuing employment will be dependent upon satisfactory results.
- The Trainee will be appraised every three/six months to review progress.
- The Trainee’s salary will be reviewed annually
- It will be necessary for the Trainee to hold a driving licence or be working towards acquiring one and have their own transport
- It would be preferable, but not mandatory, for the Trainee to have a minimum of 3 ‘A’ Levels at Grade C or above/ or currently working towards a similar level qualification
- IT literate and knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel and Word)
In order to be successful in this role you must be able to prove eligibility to work in the UK.
Taylor Wimpey is a FTSE 100 business and one of the largest residential developers in the UK, building new homes and communities across England, Scotland and Wales.
Our vision is to become the UK’s leading residential developer for creating value and delivering quality. We build over 10,000 homes each year, from one-bedroom apartments to six-bedroom houses all across the country.
Our people are passionate about the house building industry and about our customers. Culturally we pride ourselves in having a diverse work force with an opportunity to grow a career in a variety of environments. We look to develop our people in the skills and areas they are most interested in so if you are looking to join a thriving company going through an exciting period then please get in touch
Internal Applicants - Please advise your Line Manager if applying for this role