Legal Conveyancing Assistant
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Legal Conveyancing Assistant who has excellent communication and organisation skills, attention to detail and a methodical, accurate approach to all tasks.
Responsible for administration support to the Estate Conveyancer, Assistant Divisional Legal Manager and Divisional Legal Manager you will provide an efficient, service led and cost effective plot Conveyancing function that supports the business, particularly in relation to its key operation of plot sales, including the provision of accurate reports and forecasts.
The successful applicant will have the ability to work as part of a team and be able to communicate at all levels.
- Responsible for administration support to the Estate Conveyancer, Assistant Divisional Legal Manager and Divisional Legal Manager to provide an efficient, service led and cost effective plot Conveyancing function that supports the business, particularly in relation to its key operation of plot sales, including the provision of accurate reports and forecasts.
- Maintain high standards of presentation and accurate content of all documents and correspondence issued by the Department
- Assisting the Estate Conveyancers to achieve the departments set performance targets for the dispatch of contracts, exchanges and completions.
- Coordinating with the Business unit and maintaining a diary scheduler which includes a comprehensive plot progression together with weekly reports on each new home and part exchange transaction.
- Coordinating with the Business Units for the transfer of information required by the department.
- Attending to all non-routine matters and queries which arise either before during or following the sale of individual plots or the development
- Extensive I.T. skills including the use of Word and Excel together with on-line facilities such as the Land Registry Portal, Stamp Duty Land Tax and search provider
- A methodical and accurate approach to all tasks with close attention to detail
- Pleasant outgoing personality and confident telephone manner
- Enthusiasm, flexible, willingness to learn together with a “can-do” attitude with the potential to take more responsibility as the role evolves
- The ability to work in a demanding and pressurised environment
- Excellent organisation skills, ability to maintain standards
In order to be successful in this role you must be able to prove eligibility to work in the UK.
Taylor Wimpey is a FTSE 100 business and one of the largest residential developers in the UK, building new homes and communities across England, Scotland and Wales.
Our vision is to become the UK’s leading residential developer for creating value and delivering quality. We build over 10,000 homes each year, from one-bedroom apartments to six-bedroom houses all across the country.
Our people are passionate about the house building industry and about our customers. Culturally we pride ourselves in having a diverse work force with an opportunity to grow a career in a variety of environments. We look to develop our people in the skills and areas they are most interested in so if you are looking to join a thriving company going through an exciting period then please get in touch.
Internal applicants – please advise your Line Manger if applying for this role.