Customer Relations Manager
Are you the best at what you do?
Do you want to come to work to make a difference, put all your talents to good use, really help people and to make our company better? This is your chance to join a fantastic team leading the way in making our customer journey run effortlessly.
We are looking for a confident, energetic, self-motivated Customer Relations Manager to make things really happen for our customers and put them at the heart of everything we do.
In this crucial frontline role you will act as the customers’ key point of contact in the Taylor Wimpey Customer Journey from the point they are introduced to their home onwards, managing the customer relationship face to face, delivering a great service and better ways to make our customers feel truly special. New home buying is a complex process; we need our Customer Relations Managers to help our customers make our houses their homes. Issues and ‘snags’ can occur in a new home and we strive, through this role, to ensure quick and effective resolutions, in order to meet and exceed our customers’ expectations.
- Liaise with the Business Unit Head of Customer Service to gain knowledge/understanding of relevant sites and customers.
- Attend the property and undertake the Home Quality Inspection.
- Complete relevant inputs on the IT system to notify successful completion of the Home Quality Inspection
- Where unsuccessful, prepare/distribute an advisory report to the Site Manager, Managing Director and other relevant directors/managers to confirm the issues identified, and a new inspection date/time with the Site Manager.
- Carry out the Home Introduction in accordance with company guidelines.
- Log any issues or concerns
- Maintain oversight of any remediation activity to ensure satisfactory issue resolution
- Upon the successful completion of the Home Introduction, inform relevant parties and ensure all keys are handed over to the Sales Executive and guarantees/warranties are left in the home, in readiness for the Home Move In.
- In conjunction with the Customer Support team, liaise with customers following their move in, to ensure they are settling in happily and there are no issues.
- Conduct a Courtesy visit 4- 6 weeks after the home visit, to ensure that customers are settled in.
- In conjunction with the Customer Support team, coordinate work to address any issues at any stage post move in.
- Manage outstanding works, ensuring the customer is kept well informed throughout.
- Liaise with the Head of Customer Service to ensure customers are continually up to date with outstanding works and arising customer issues; and also feeding back associated customer data for analysis.
- In conjunction with the Business Unit Customer Support team, liaise with customers at the 56 day point to ensure all issues are resolved
- Work in close coordination with Customer Support team to ensure that all items are logged on the central database.
- Undertake general administration duties and diary management as required in conjunction with the Customer Support team and customers
- You will have proven experience in working well under pressure in a fast moving customer facing environment
- A person who is open to change and continually strives to improve performance and be the best that they can be
- Ability to work independently, remain calm in a crisis, prioritise work, take initiative and make informed decisions
- A Polite, friendly and professional person who is solution focussed and passionate about getting things right first time in spite of challenges and obstacles
- A natural and engaging communication style, demonstrating a passion and excellence for customer contact, developing trusting relationships both internally and externally
- Desirable but not essential you will have experience/knowledge of the house-building and related industries
In order to be successful in this role you must be able to prove eligibility to work in the UK.
If you are successful at interview and the Company considers making an offer of employment, you may be asked to give your consent to the following pre-employment check[s] being undertaken by our third party provider, Experian (or any other appropriate third party provider that the Company chooses to engage).
The type of checks made will depend on the role in question but may include any or all of the following
Criminal records (DBS);
The purpose of such checks will be to assess your suitability for the role. If it subsequently transpires that you have given incorrect, false or misleading information, your application will not be taken further.
Taylor Wimpey is a FTSE 100 business and one of the largest residential developers in the UK, building new homes and communities across England, Scotland and Wales.
Our vision is to become the UK’s leading residential developer for creating value and delivering quality. We build over 10,000 homes each year, from one-bedroom apartments to six-bedroom houses all across the country.
Our people are passionate about the house building industry and about our customers. Culturally we pride ourselves in having a diverse work force with an opportunity to grow a career in a variety of environments. We look to develop our people in the skills and areas they are most interested in so if you are looking to join a thriving company going through an exciting period then please get in touch.
Internal candidates – Please inform your line manager before applying