Design and Planning Executive
We are looking for a Design and Planning Executive to report directly to the Design and Planning Manager and actively support the Technical Team.
The successful candidate will demonstrate good communication and negotiation skills, excellent design focus and ability to work in a team.
The Design and Planning Executive will be responsible for the preparation and submission of planning applications, preparation of viabilities, secure planning and building regulations approval at pre start/concept stage of development.
- Undertake layout feasibility designs/sketches (by hand) to site constraints/brief.
- Work with simple urban design principles to maximise layout interest.
- Work closely with external design consultants to ensure best practice is followed.
- Cost management of sketch feasibilities.
- Liaise with all departments to agree the final design.
- Transfer sketches to AutoCAD and prepare all planning information if required.
- Meet planning obligations – affordable housing etc.
- Ability to prepare Design and Access Statements.
- Clearance of all CML issues.
- Work with Landscaping architects to procure a scheme.
- Negotiate with external consultants on layout, landscaping, roads and sewers etc.
- Clear all planning conditions prior agreed timings.
- Ensure external material conform to local requirements.
- Prepare all drawings necessary for start on site, including site and landscaping layouts plus external works.
- Ensure all house drawings and details are available.
- Input into CDM.
- Agree house type calculation for site and undertake risk assessment for all.
- Input into health, safety and environmental checklists.
- Responsible for all planning and development functions on a determined number of sites.
- Attend pre start, specification and any other relevant meeting as required under the Company’s operating framework.
- Liaison with sales department in procurement of accurate sales presentation drawings.
- Computer literate with an excellent knowledge of AutoCAD.
- Proficient in design based software – Adobe Photoshop, In Design, Google Sketch Up.
- Good understanding of the planning process (inc ppg3 and the NPPF) etc.
- Wide experience of planning and development within the housebuilding industry.
- Preferably membership of professional body (RICS etc) but not essential.
- Business related qualification.
In order to be successful in this role you must be able to prove eligibility to work in the UK.
Taylor Wimpey is a FTSE 100 business and one of the largest residential developers in the UK, building new homes and communities across England, Scotland and Wales.
Our vision is to become the UK’s leading residential developer for creating value and delivering quality. We build over 10,000 homes each year, from one-bedroom apartments to six-bedroom houses all across the country.
Our people are passionate about the house building industry and about our customers. Culturally we pride ourselves in having a diverse work force with an opportunity to grow a career in a variety of environments. We look to develop our people in the skills and areas they are most interested in so if you are looking to join a thriving company going through an exciting period then please get in touch.
Internal applicants – please advise your Line Manager if applying for this role.