• Throughout the development process, identify and implement ways to add value through design and specification
• To be a leading innovator and expose the Business Unit to new design concepts.
• Review and optimise consented schemes for land bids.
• Assist pre-app discussions and early feasibilities from a design perspective.
• Provide effective briefs and scopes for design consultants as well as managing their appointment documents and assist in effectively budgeting for fees.
• Critically analyse design at each stage, particularly stage 3 and tender/contract drawings, to optimise unit layouts.
• Design, co-ordinate and implement an approvals process between departments for all apartments and own all design standards, including interiors, for residential, commercial, retail and other uses.
• Create and manage an effective process to review, update and regulate TWCL Design Standards.
• Identify purchaser/market trends in style and technology including manufacturers.
• Assist PMs in reviewing consultant and contractor design proposals
• Assist PMs in selecting, appointing and performance managing design teams
• Ensure the TWCL brand is appropriately represented in design and specification of the built environment
• Ensure correct message for brochure, model and specification.
• Act as the principle client lead on design matters for external supplier of models, renders, CGIs and other selling tools, ensuring that specification is correct and consistent
• Ensure consistency across all projects in relation to best practice and lessons learnt
• Manage and integrate into design standards all Technical Bulletins issued by TW Group
• Assist PM’s in management of consultants
• 3-5 years PQE.
• Architectural or design qualifications are desirable.
• Expert understanding of who our customers are and what communities we want to create.
• Expert understanding of the market that we operate in but not necessarily from a luxury Central London residential developer perspective.
• Create workable ideas for great placemaking.
• Write a clear and effective brief, such as a Retail Design Guide, in liaison with the design team and commercial agents.
• Understand community engagement drivers and deliverability of concepts in conjunction with LA and other stakeholders.
Key business relationships:
Internal: Commercial Director, Head of Commercial, Projects Director, Head of Project, Sales Director, Head of Sales, Head of Marketing, Head of Customer Relations.
External: Architects, Urban Designers, Suppliers, Contractors, QS, Branding agencies, Sales agents.
What are the measures of success for this position?
• Strong consistent design with buy in from all relecant departments
• Effective management of the design and innovation process.
• Maintaining a cost and fee budget effectively
• Undertstanding future trends and to lead TWCL product into the future.
Experience, Qualifications, Technical Requirements, Education Required/Preferred:
- Other design qualifications
- Make informed decisions
- Be well planned and organised
- Communicate well and collaborate
- Be passionate about customers
- Develop good relations and act with integrity
Internal Applicants – Please inform your Line Manager if you wish to apply for this role
You can no longer apply for this vacancy.