Do you want to be part of one of the largest residential developers in the UK and to have an opportunity to develop a successful career? This is your chance to join a fantastic Engineering Team.
We are looking for a dynamic, confident and knowledgeable Engineer who will be responsible for the preparation of conceptual engineering information for viability purposes and provide engineering support in respect of planning applications.
Preparation of viabilities
- Have the ability to interpret geo-technical reports and make recommendations
- Be capable of preparing initial site designs and constraints plans at an early stage
- Demonstrate an understanding of the process for procuring new utility proposals
- Fully understand the CDM regulations and demonstrate a working knowledge
Resolve engineering issues as part of planning application
- Continue to develop site designs and provide full engineering support throughout the planning process
- Manage consultants in road, sewer, levels, cut and fill designs, to satisfy planning whilst maintaining the most competitive and practical solution
- Co-ordinate and manage external consultants to resolve any engineering issues
- Co-ordinate and manage statutory bodies such as Highway Authorities, Water Companies, Environment Agency, etc…to resolve any engineering issues
- Work with the project team to add value and secure the best planning consent and engineering solution for the company
Ensure compliance with building regulations and NHBC standards
- Ensure engineeringdesign is compliant with necessary standards
- Manage consultants in the preparation of foundations and other engineering matters as necessary
- Monitor and resolve any CML issues during the construction phase to ensure timely completion of plots
Ensure all information is available for concept meeting / pre tender / pre start / site start
- Ensure all engineering drawings and details are available and checked, in advance of start on site including foundations, sub-structure, highways, sewerage, utilities and any remediation proposals.
- Procure technical approval for highways / sewerage/ land drainage /utilities
- Procure and manage utilities i.e. existing and proposed – at all key stages.
- Input into LAMP/ Site Specific Environmental Action Plans / CDM / Health and Safety / Environmental issues
- Prepare and supply tender documentation for specialist designs such as piled foundations / grouting /ground improvement
- Securing all technical approvals necessary for a competent site start
- Attend pre tender / pre start / site start / regular site project meetings / client meetings / specification reviews and any other relevant meeting as required under the company’s operating framework
- Undertake regular site visits
- Any other duties as required
- Extensive experience of engineering issues gained within housebuilding industry e.g. roads and sewers, foundations, land drainage, utilities, etc.
- IT/Computer literate
- Engineering related qualification, degree or equivalent.
- Part of a successful engineering team.
- A high level of proficiency in AutoCAD / PDS / Windes / Microdrainage
- Ability to undertake civil engineering design in-house and to manage and assess external designs
- Thorough understanding of technical and regulatory requirements
- Ability to interpret geotechnical and environmental reports and make suitable recommendations
- Demonstrate a track record of producing technical site appraisals - preferred
- Thorough knowledge of assessment of ground conditions for foundation and sub-structure design
- Thorough knowledge of remediation techniques and methodology - preferred
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and prioritise
- Track record of negotiating successful technical approvals
- Undertaking how to create value from design and the impact of the business of design changes
- Established relationships with key enablers in the engineering field
In order to be successful in this role you must be able to prove eligibility to work in the UK.
Taylor Wimpey is a FTSE 100 business and one of the largest residential developers in the UK, building new homes and communities across England, Scotland and Wales.
Our vision is to become the UK’s leading residential developer for creating value and delivering quality. We build over 10,000 homes each year, from one-bedroom apartments to six-bedroom houses all across the country.
Our people are passionate about the house building industry and about our customers. Culturally we pride ourselves in having a diverse work force with an opportunity to grow a career in a variety of environments. We look to develop our people in the skills and areas they are most interested in so if you are looking to join a thriving company going through an exciting period then please get in touch.
Internal applicants – please advise your Line Manager if applying for this role.