This fantastic Engineering Manager role has full management responsibility for the Engineering function to enable the region to achieve its objectives and agreed targets
- Management of the engineering team to ensure that all designs are dealt with within the development programme and budget.
- Management of external consultants to ensure information is received, coordinated and distributed on time and within budget.
- Prepare and maintain programmes and documents for the monitoring of progress and for use in reporting to the department Director.
- Detailed programming of individual projects from land handover to first conveyance and co-ordinate purchasing and construction programmes to link with the development programme.
- Arrange, co-ordinate and manage all project meetings with other departments
- Manage the pre-distribution of information and taking of minutes from all meetings
- Attend fortnightly development meetings to review the department’s programmes.
- Liaise and negotiate where necessary with Planning Officers, Consultants
- Prepare fee tenders, analysing quotations against budgets and appoint chosen consultants
- Ensure the closed sites and bond strategy is regularly reviewed and updated.
- Liaise with legals teams to ensure Legal Agreements are progressed in a timely manner.
- Maintain WIP forecast.
- Discharge the Designers responsibility under CDM regulations.
- Good strong knowledge of the full development/ technical process
- Ability to create and manage programmes, in particular Critical Path
- Previous experience as either a project or Discipline Manager within a development organisation - Preferred
- Relevant broad base of role during career, probably all or most developer based - Preferred
In order to be successful in this role you must be able to prove eligibility to work in the UK.
Taylor Wimpey is a FTSE 100 business and one of the largest residential developers in the UK, building new homes and communities across England, Scotland and Wales.
Our vision is to become the UK’s leading residential developer for creating value and delivering quality. We build over 10,000 homes each year, from one-bedroom apartments to six-bedroom houses all across the country.
Our people are passionate about the house building industry and about our customers. Culturally we pride ourselves in having a diverse work force with an opportunity to grow a career in a variety of environments. We look to develop our people in the skills and areas they are most interested in so if you are looking to join a thriving company going through an exciting period then please get in touch.