We have a fantastic opportunity for an Estate Conveyancer who has excellent communication and organisation skills, attention to detail and a methodical, accurate approach to all tasks. The role reports to the Divisional Legal Manager.
- Dealing with all aspects of the conveyancing sale process from start to finish, i.e. from compiling and sending out papers with exchange deadlines, to completions for the sale of new homes in accordance with Taylor Wimpey’s Group Legal Disciplines
- To be self-sufficient in generating correspondence and dealing with enquiries, attending to pre-exchange, pre-completion and post completion matters.
- Submitting to Land Registry and Local Authority Master Conveyance Plans for approval
- Achieving department set performance targets for the dispatch of contracts, exchanges and completions and assist the achievement of targets set by the Business Units
- Producing and supplying information/documents/reports that is logical, accurate and in the correct format whilst maintaining high standards of presentation issued by the department.
- Attending to all non-routine matters and queries which arise either before during or following the sale of individual plots or the development
- Contributing to the effectiveness of team work flow, including attending departmental and business units meetings along with other briefings to assess current and future needs
- Filing and file-keeping
- To comply with all professional standards and training requirements (where necessary)
- To proactively progress the transactions working alongside colleagues within the team to reach completion and exchange deadlines.
- To maintain a diary scheduler which will include comprehensive plot progression together with weekly reports on the progress of each new home.
- To ensure that all matters of administration allocated to the Estate Conveyancer in connection with Plot Conveyancing and/or the Department are carried out in a professional manner and in appropriate timescales.
- To provide guidance to the Conveyancing Assistants and Legal Secretary together with support to the other Estate Conveyancers, Assistant Divisional Legal Manager and Divisional Legal Manager
- Previous experience in a plot sales environment OR a detailed understanding of the residential property environment and having a minimum of three years relevant experience
- Comprehensive knowledge of the conveyancing processes is essential
- Experience in handling high volume work and the ability to remain calm and collected
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel is important.
- The ability to communicate clearly and effectively at all levels and to analyse complex legal issues quickly and decisively
In order to be successful in this role you must be able to prove eligibility to work in the UK.
Taylor Wimpey is a FTSE 100 business and one of the largest residential developers in the UK, building new homes and communities across England, Scotland and Wales.
Our vision is to become the UK’s leading residential developer for creating value and delivering quality. We build over 10,000 homes each year, from one-bedroom apartments to six-bedroom houses all across the country.
Our people are passionate about the house building industry and about our customers. Culturally we pride ourselves in having a diverse work force with an opportunity to grow a career in a variety of environments. We look to develop our people in the skills and areas they are most interested in so if you are looking to join a thriving company going through an exciting period then please get in touch.
Internal applicants – please advise your Line Manager if applying for this role.