We have an opportunity for an Estimator who will be responsible to provide information, where necessary, for the land purchase exercise that will enable clear materials and labour costs to be considered at that stage.
Also, ensure that all estimating work required to deliver the businesses unit output is completed timely and within an agreed programme. To present the information in the required format to project teams and senior management.
Finally, to maintain the business culture and control framework within the boundaries set out in the Operating Framework and Taylor Wimpey CDM processes.
- Once land opportunities are identified, familiarise the geographical area and consider site issues.
- Prepare estimates of all prime costs.
- Calculate all the prime costs on developments within the business, reporting any movements in the costs since the preparation of the land purchase exercise through the planning process. Prime costs to include but not restricted to house pricing, labour costs, site work operations and remediation work.
- Liaise with the other departments to ascertain costs of land, technical, statutory services and site overheads and revenues with land (affordable housing) and sales (open market) at the appropriate time.
- Maintain schedules of quantities at various levels and price them individually.
- Ensure the cost base is updated.
- Complete the land purchase exercise for presentation to the management team.
- Update existing land purchase exercises on a quarterly basis for presentation to the management team.
- Report on savings and excesses against the approved and previous land purchase exercise to the management team.
- Ensure aware of continuing product development in light of changes in legislation i.e. building regulations, NHBC requirements, HSE, Taylor Wimpey health and safety, etc.
- Attend concept, design team, specification and any other relevant meeting as required under the Company’s Operating framework.
- Undertake regular site visits for new projects.
- Input and maintain any computer based estimating databases or systems.
- Any other duties as required by the Commercial Director.
- Wide experience in the discipline within the housebuilding industry.
- Strong knowledge of Building Regulations, NHBC and Health and Safety requirements.
- Managing information flow and deadlines.
- IT knowledgeable.
- Knowledge of the Coins system
In order to be successful in this role you must be able to prove eligibility to work in the UK.
Taylor Wimpey is a FTSE 100 business and one of the largest residential developers in the UK, building new homes and communities across England, Scotland and Wales.
Our vision is to become the UK’s leading residential developer for creating value and delivering quality. We build over 10,000 homes each year, from one-bedroom apartments to six-bedroom houses all across the country.
Our people are passionate about the house building industry and about our customers. Culturally we pride ourselves in having a diverse work force with an opportunity to grow a career in a variety of environments. We look to develop our people in the skills and areas they are most interested in so if you are looking to join a thriving company going through an exciting period then please get in touch.
Internal candidates – Please inform your line manager before applying
You can no longer apply for this vacancy.