We are looking for a strategic thinking, experienced and customer focused Finance Director to manage and develop the Finance team as well as to work with the Regional Managing Director and board members to plan and develop the regional business.
The successful candidate will ensure that regional finance and accounting requirements are accurately and efficiently carried out in accordance with recognised accounting standards, group requirements and within set deadlines.
You will also ensure that financial information provided to local management and to group is in accordance with the requirements set out in group manuals and procedures.
As a Finance Director, you will challenge and encourage fellow directors to achieve and exceed the financial performance laid out in the business plan/budget. Also, work with the Board to identify business risks and ensure appropriate care is taken in the corporate governance of the company.
- Ensure accurate and timely preparation and reporting of monthly management, annual statutory accounts, profit and cash forecasts, budgets and projections.Provide the board with analysis and interpretation of performance against budget, assessing and reporting business risks.
- Ensure accounting standards and internal control procedures are acceptable to internal and external auditors.
- Advise on the cashflow implications of management decisions and manage the regions cashflow on a day to day basis.
- Ensure that commercial information and procedures that directly impact on financial accounts and management information are in accordance with group manuals and procedures.
- Be an advisor and provide to regional staff help, guidance and assistance on company accounting, taxation and financial matters.
- Participation in the management of the business including significant input and analysis of any proposed land purchase exercise appraisals
- Be actively involved in site visits
- Be proactive in promoting awareness of corporate governance and directors responsibilities
- Direct, manage and appraise staff within the finance function
- Be responsible for actively promoting HR policies, standards and procedures
- Be responsible for regional payroll and personnel administration
- Direct the office management of the business unit office and provide support services for associated sites
- Maintain IT security standards and adherence to the Group’s Computer Guidelines
- Liaise with IT director regarding business IT requirements
- Deliver outstanding customer service in a customer centric way throughout all finance functions
- Review, discuss and take action to improve customer satisfaction
- ACA, ACCA or CIMA and/or MBA qualified
- Previous industry experience
- Previous experience as Finance Director or Accounts Manager/Company Accountant
- Working knowledge of MS Office and Excel in particular
- Managing and developing a team of staff
In order to be successful in this role you must be able to prove eligibility to work in the UK.
If you are successful at interview and the Company considers making an offer of employment, you may be asked to give your consent to the following pre-employment check[s] being undertaken by our third party provider, Experian (or any other appropriate third party provider that the Company chooses to engage).
The type of checks made will depend on the role in question but may include any or all of the following
Criminal records (DBS);
The purpose of such checks will be to assess your suitability for the role. If it subsequently transpires that you have given incorrect, false or misleading information, your application will not be taken further.
Taylor Wimpey is a FTSE 100 business and one of the largest residential developers in the UK, building new homes and communities across England, Scotland and Wales.
Our vision is to become the UK’s leading residential developer for creating value and delivering quality. We build over 10,000 homes each year, from one-bedroom apartments to six-bedroom houses all across the country.
Our people are passionate about the house building industry and about our customers. Culturally we pride ourselves in having a diverse work force with an opportunity to grow a career in a variety of environments. We look to develop our people in the skills and areas they are most interested in so if you are looking to join a thriving company going through an exciting period then please get in touch.
Internal applicants – please advise your Line Manager if applying for this role.