We are looking for an experienced, talented and well-rounded Finance Manager to join our team and report directly to the Finance Director.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the preparation of business unit accounting records and reports to meet monthly and weekly deadlines. Assist in the preparation of forecasts, projections and budgets. Also, the management of the Finance department.
Preparation of Accounting Records
- Manage and maintain ledgers (GL, cashbook, sales, purchase, subcontract and expenses)
- Process journals onto the ledger
- Preparation of accruals and prepayments
- Ownership of excess and savings reporting
- Preparation of trial balance
- Signing off reconciliation of all balance sheet accounts
Preparation of Management Reports
- Completion of Monthly Reporting Schedules
- Ad hoc reports as required by Head Office and Region
Monthly Forecasts and Budgets
- Assist in the preparation of monthly forecasts, projections and Budgets
- Prepare supporting schedules for projections and Budgets
- Assist in the preparation of the year end accounts and annual tax pack
- Prepare Direct Selling forecasts in conjunction with the Sales Managers
Weekly Sales Reporting
- Ensure sales, cancellations and legal completions are reported to the group
- Ensure COINS is accurately maintained
- Preparation of internal weekly sales reports
Management of Finance Department
- Responsible for the management of the Finance Department
- Work with Finance Director to prepare department succession plan
- Ensure audit trails/records are maintained and Finance Manual procedures are adhered to
- Assist Internal and External Audit
- Previous industry experience
- Managing and developing a team of staff
- Qualified Accountant – ACA, ACCA, CIMA or by experience
- Knowledge of COINS an advantage
In order to be successful in this role you must be able to prove eligibility to work in the UK.
If you are successful at interview and the Company considers making an offer of employment, you may be asked to give your consent to the following pre-employment check[s] being undertaken by our third party provider, Experian (or any other appropriate third party provider that the Company chooses to engage).
The type of checks made will depend on the role in question but may include any or all of the following
Criminal records (DBS);
The purpose of such checks will be to assess your suitability for the role. If it subsequently transpires that you have given incorrect, false or misleading information, your application will not be taken further.
Taylor Wimpey is a FTSE 100 business and one of the largest residential developers in the UK, building new homes and communities across England, Scotland and Wales.
Our vision is to become the UK’s leading residential developer for creating value and delivering quality. We build over 10,000 homes each year, from one-bedroom apartments to six-bedroom houses all across the country.
Our people are passionate about the house building industry and about our customers. Culturally we pride ourselves in having a diverse work force with an opportunity to grow a career in a variety of environments. We look to develop our people in the skills and areas they are most interested in so if you are looking to join a thriving company going through an exciting period then please get in touch.
Internal applicants – please advise your Line Manager if applying for this role.