Future Talent Manager
The housebuilding industry is booming and the reported skills shortages in the construction sector confirm the real need for a future pipeline of talent. Our apprenticeship, management trainee and graduate schemes offer a structured path into our business
We realise we’re building futures for the next generation and want to ensure our schemes offer a good grounding in all areas of the housebuilding industry. Our future talent receives a broad experience to make sure they are well prepared for their chosen route. Whether they are out on site or in an office environment, they will be guided and looked after by leaders within our company, making sure they have plenty of opportunity to develop a sustainable career with Taylor Wimpey.
We have an exciting new opportunity for someone who is confident, energetic and self-motivated to join our centralised HR Team as a Future Talent Manager.
In this critical new role you will be responsible for the development and management of the future talent ‘lifecycle’ strategy for Taylor Wimpey. You will oversee the recruitment, development and the subsequent transition of future talent into the business is all run seamlessly and successfully. We need someone to work across our resourcing and talent functions to drive the future talent strategy and take it into its next phase.
- Work closely with the Head of Resourcing to design and implement the attraction and recruitment strategy for a specific number of graduates, apprentices and management trainees each year.
- To design and manage a volume apprentice intake programme including induction, development and business assimilation
- To build and maintain local as well as national partnerships with universities, colleges and schools where appropriate to Taylor Wimpey’s entry level recruitment needs
- To support the business to identify, hire and build internal and external future talent pools.
- To identify and implement best practice approaches to workforce planning solutions across Taylor Wimpey.
- To provide ongoing support and identification of career pathways for our early careers and talent for the future.
- To identify high potential individuals and ensure they are managed accordingly and in line with succession plans.
- Design, develop and deliver best in class learning interventions toensure the business has the people capability to meet its future business goals and strategies;
- A thorough awareness and understanding of the needs (and wants) of the future talent population and in particular how best to structure the development;
- Previous exposure to resourcing and or development programs for school and university leavers
- Have worked previously with business leaders to diagnose individual, team and functional development needs.
- An existing network of relationships with universities and schools would be desirable
- An understanding of the learning cycle, with particular emphasis on enhancing the learning experience and encouraging the wider application of knowledge and skills.
- Must be able to show an appreciation for the currently skill shortage issues in the housebuilding and wider construction sector
In order to be successful in this role you must be able to prove eligibility to work in the UK.
Taylor Wimpey is a FTSE 100 business and one of the largest residential developers in the UK, building new homes and communities across England, Scotland and Wales.
Our vision is to become the UK’s leading residential developer for creating value and delivering quality. We build over 10,000 homes each year, from one-bedroom apartments to six-bedroom houses all across the country.
Our people are passionate about the house building industry and about our customers. Culturally we pride ourselves in having a diverse work force with an opportunity to grow a career in a variety of environments. We look to develop our people in the skills and areas they are most interested in so if you are looking to join a thriving company going through an exciting period then please get in touch.