Graduate Land and Planning Assistant
A fantastic opportunity for an aspiring graduate to begin their career in the land department of one of the UK’s biggest residential house builders. The graduate role will support the Strategic Land Yorkshire & North East team in delivering its business objectives in identifying, securing and promoting land with either short or long term potential for residential development within the Yorkshire and North East regions in accordance with the Company’s operational requirements.
- Multi-tasking to ensure compliance with office procedures and controls
- Ensure that standard weekly/monthly processes are completed in good time
- Maintenance of records and filing and general office administration
- Maintaining the Strategic Land database
- Monitoring the local and housing land supply documents
- The appointment and management of external consultants
- The identification of new strategic land opportunities through land searches
- Active management and promotion of the current land portfolio seeking to maximise value at every opportunity
- Liaison with landowners over progress on site promotion
- A degree in geography, land, planning or other relevant degree is essential
- Competent PC skills, including MS Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint
- Exceptional administrative and organisations skills, ability to multi-task and prioritise workload
- Excellent telephone manner is essential
- Must be a self-starter, and able to be extremely flexible with regards to daily work
- Ability to work under pressure and demonstrate complete confidentiality
- Full driving licence and access to a car
In order to be successful in this role you must be able to prove eligibility to work in the UK.
Taylor Wimpey is a FTSE 100 business and one of the largest residential developers in the UK, building new homes and communities across England, Scotland and Wales.
Our vision is to become the UK’s leading residential developer for creating value and delivering quality. We build over 10,000 homes each year, from one-bedroom apartments to six-bedroom houses all across the country.
Our people are passionate about the house building industry and about our customers. Culturally we pride ourselves in having a diverse work force with an opportunity to grow a career in a variety of environments. We look to develop our people in the skills and areas they are most interested in so if you are looking to join a thriving company going through an exciting period then please get in touch.
Internal applicants – please advise your Line Manager if applying for this role.