Head of Engineering
Role to provide leadership, support and guidance to the Group in all aspects of engineering and infrastructure design.
- Responsible for the commission and management of consultants at a Group level, for civil and structural designs.
- Investigate and test new large site strategy from a technical and infrastructure perspective.
- Provide guidance and support on large and complex infrastructure schemes.
- Review, develop and keep up to date with engineering best practice and guidance
- Fully understand and contribute to the Land Assessment Management Plan and Site Environmental Database
- Work with regional design and engineering teams and upskill where required on commercial application of design and technical knowledge.
- Working with the Director of Health, Safety and Environment to review and update as necessary CDM and Health and Safety issues associated with engineering and infrastructure operations.
- Work with the RHSEA’s and Regional Technical Director’s to ensure that these considerations are fully taken into account in projects.
- Working with Procurement and Supply Chain to improve the service and the quality we receive from statutory bodies and other infrastructure suppliers such as highway authorities, water companies and energy companies.
- Working with regulatory bodies, such as, highway authorities, NHBC, environment agency and government
- Working with the Group Technical Director to deliver Taylor Wimpey’s strategy through the delivery of engineering and infrastructure design.
- Working with the Group Design Director to improve the integration of engineering and infrastructure design with placemaking design
- Contribute to the development of standardised, cost effective engineering solutions in our housing product.
- Working with the Group Production Director to ensure that our engineering best practice is consistently applied on site.
- To provide support and guidance across the Group at all stages of the development process and organise regular engineering conferences.
- Undertake regular site visits across the business.
- Extensive experience in civil engineering and groundworks design/execution.
- Civil Engineering related degree or equivalent and membership to relevant accredited body.
- Ability to manage and assess external designers and designs.
- Thorough understanding of technical and regulatory requirements.
- Ability to interpret complex, geotechnical and environmental reports and make suitable recommendations.
- Experience of working with sub-contractors on high level, technical briefs.
- Understanding how to create value from good design.
- Experience in larger site infrastructure design – across any relevant construction business
- Strong leadership skills.
In order to be successful in this role you must be able to prove eligibility to work in the UK.
If you are successful at interview and the Company considers making an offer of employment, you may be asked to give your consent to the following pre-employment check[s] being undertaken by our third-party provider, Experian (or any other appropriate third party provider that the Company chooses to engage).
The type of checks made will depend on the role in question but may include any or all of the following
Criminal records (DBS);
The purpose of such checks will be to assess your suitability for the role. If it subsequently transpires that you have given incorrect, false or misleading information, your application will not be taken further.
Taylor Wimpey is a FTSE 100 business and one of the largest residential developers in the UK, building new homes and communities across England, Scotland and Wales.
Our vision is to become the UK’s leading residential developer for creating value and delivering quality. We build over 10,000 homes each year, from one-bedroom apartments to six-bedroom houses all across the country.
Our people are passionate about the house building industry and about our customers. Culturally we pride ourselves in having a diverse work force with an opportunity to grow a career in a variety of environments. We look to develop our people in the skills and areas they are most interested in so if you are looking to join a thriving company going through an exciting period then please get in touch.
Please advise your Line Manager if you are applying for this role.