Head of HR
Role to lead the HR Business Partnering team and work directly with Taylor Wimpey’s operational leadership team in the business in order to drive HR strategy across all operational regions. This role will lead the effort across all Taylor Wimpey business units to attract the right people, implement key development and talent initiatives, deliver best in industry reward programmes and drive the right capabilities/performance priorities.
- In conjunction with the Head of Talent, work with the Divisional Chairmen and the General Management Team board to drive the delivery of their talent management and succession planning strategies.
- With the Head of Resourcing, anticipate and define senior resourcing needs and provide the business with effective recruitment and selection processes to deliver candidates with high potential or recognised critical skills.
- In conjunction with the Head of Reward, drive the reward agenda with the business units, to ensure a consistent approach, accurate delivery and decision-making drives long term retention of employees
- Drive continuous improvement and innovation across all HR practices through up to date functional knowledge, networking and external insight
- Embed a performance management culture which is valued by the business and drives high performance through ensuring clear measurable objectives, effective feedback processes and active development and career plans.
- Ensure that the business principles are role modelled through the business and your own personal performance.
- Drive strategic thought and effective HR project management across the HR Operations team
- Coaching senior management and the HR Business Partner team in the development of their individual leadership skills.
- Drive a proactive, high paced service through the Business Partner Team that delivers HR best practice.
- Contribute to the development of the wider HR strategy and work closely with the team to ensure cohesive and coordinated services across the Business.
- Act as the main point of contact for escalation and mentor the Divisional Business Partners on complex issues across all HR functional areas, guiding the team to the most effective and commercially viable solution
- Significant experience in an HR business partner leadership role in a large, high performing business
- Strategic input to HR Operations tools and processes
- Ability to understand and interpret key business performance measures, good standard of financial literacy & analytical skills
- In depth knowledge of latest HR trends and insights
- Have previously held a Head of HR role and lead a team of regional business partners
- Knowledge and experience of organisational development, succession planning and talent management
- Up to date knowledge of current and future employment legislation
- Sound knowledge and understanding of equality and diversity
- Proven track record in operating independently and autonomously
In order to be successful in this role you must be able to prove eligibility to work in the UK.
Taylor Wimpey is a FTSE 100 business and one of the largest residential developers in the UK, building new homes and communities across England, Scotland and Wales.
Our vision is to become the UK’s leading residential developer for creating value and delivering quality. We build over 10,000 homes each year, from one-bedroom apartments to six-bedroom houses all across the country.
Our people are passionate about the house building industry and about our customers. Culturally we pride ourselves in having a diverse work force with an opportunity to grow a career in a variety of environments. We look to develop our people in the skills and areas they are most interested in so if you are looking to join a thriving company going through an exciting period then please get in touch.
Internal applicants – please advise your Line Manager if applying for this role.