National HR Project Lead Direct Labour - 12 Month FTC
The housebuilding industry is booming and the reported skills shortages in the construction sector confirms the real need for a pipeline of future and experienced talent.
We have launched a direct labour pilot to increase the proportion of directly employed trades on site across the business. 5 Taylor Wimpey business units have been selected to participate in a pilot exercise with the objective for each business unit to reach a 30% directly employed trade work force. The intention is to create a template for success and then to roll this out nationally.
We have an exciting new opportunity for someone who is confident, energetic, self-motivated and organised to join our centralised HR Team as a HR Project Lead.
In this critical new role, you will be responsible for and lead on all HR aspects of the Direct Labour initiative across the 5 pilot business units with the support of the existing HR Centres of Excellence. You will drive reward, recruitment and operational HR elements of the projects and support key stakeholders in reaching a higher proportion of directly employed on site labour.
- Reporting to the HR Director, support the UK Head of Production in delivering all people related objectives of the Taylor Wimpey Direct Labour initiative
- Work closely with the Head of Talent and L&D Business Partner to work through the succession planning objectives for direct labour work force and where the individual trade roles fit in the production development structure
- Work collaboratively with the Resourcing team and support the Production Directors with effective recruitment and selection processes to deliver candidates with the recognised critical skills for each trade.
- Develop, with the Head of Resourcing, a range of hiring channels to attract and recruit candidates in a skills short market
- In conjunction with the Head of Reward, create a reward and pay framework that is both commercially viable and conducive to attracting the right talent.
- In line with business feedback, create a contract framework that will allow flexibility and accommodate a dynamic, weekly workforce.
- Work closely with the commercial excellence team to understand and mitigate issues on staffing, site budget and any other regional challenges
- Support each of the 5 pilot businesses with day to day HR challenges in delivering the direct labour initiative
- Provide a proactive, high paced service that delivers HR best practice. This includes offering a range of commercial focused HR solutions.
- Contribute to the development of the wider HR strategy and work closely with the team to ensure cohesive and coordinated services across the business
- Extensive experience as a senior HR business partner in a large, high performing business
- Breadth of view beyond traditional approaches
- Ability to understand and interpret key business performance measures, good standard of financial literacy & analytical skills
- Previous HR project experience, working at a senior level
- trusted role model and confidante
- knowledge and experience of organisational development, succession planning and talent management
- Up to date knowledge of current and future employment legislation
- Sound knowledge and understanding of equality and diversity
To be successful in this role you must be able to prove eligibility to work in the UK.
Taylor Wimpey is a FTSE 100 business and one of the largest residential developers in the UK, building new homes and communities across England, Scotland and Wales.
Our vision is to become the UK’s leading residential developer for creating value and delivering quality. We build over 10,000 homes each year, from one-bedroom apartments to six-bedroom houses all across the country.
Our people are passionate about the house building industry and about our customers. Culturally we pride ourselves in having a diverse work force with an opportunity to grow a career in a variety of environments. We look to develop our people in the skills and areas they are most interested in so if you are looking to join a thriving company going through an exciting period then please get in touch.