We are looking for a Joint Venture Account who will to manage all aspects of accounts preparation and reporting for the collaboration and Joint Venture projects operating within TW South Thames.
To assist the Finance Manager with the preparation of the Business Unit monthly management accounts and other ad-hoc duties and reporting as and when required. To assist the Finance Director with the preparation of forecasts and Budgets
Preparation of Accounting Records / Management Information
• Preparation and submission of the Joint Venture and collaborations monthly management accounts using both COINS and spreadsheets.
• Prepare all other monthly, quarterly and annual reporting requirements in line with JV/collaboration agreements and third party requirements.
• Ensure accurate conversion of third party accounts into TW accounting practices and coding.
• Proactively provide analysis and explanations of actual variances from budget and forecast.
• Maintain appropriate control accounts to support the review of the Balance Sheet.
• Ensure all submission timetables are adhered to.
• Maintain the accounting adjustments required to ensure accurate consolidation reporting for the Business Unit and Group.
• Provide reports to JV Board and Steering Committee as and when required.
Forecasts and Budgets
• Produce 24 month profit and cashflow forecasts for review and submission.
• Assist FD in the production of the JV Budgets and Projections.
Compliance and Statutory Requirements
• Ensure adherence with the TW Finance Manual and Operating Framework
• Produce and submit bank reporting documentation (including management accounts, drawdown requests etc.)
• Prepare annual statutory accounts for the Joint Ventures and subsidiary entities and ensure filing deadlines are met.
• Work with external auditors throughout the audit process and complete any necessary audit adjustments.
• Prepare the Joint Venture tax returns, VAT returns, CIS returns liaising with Group Tax where necessary.
• Liaise with Joint Venture partners and funding bank as and when required.
• Consider business risks and ensure appropriate care is taken in the corporate governance of all entities.
• Assist the Finance Manager with the production of the Business Unit’s monthly management accounts when required.
• Assist the Finance Manager and Finance team with reporting and balance sheet reconciliation processes as and when required.
• Assist the Finance Director with monthly forecasts and annual P1 and P3/Budget submissions.
Assist in other ad-hoc projects as required
• Previous industry experience
• Experience and knowledge of Joint Venture accounting
• Part-Qualified Accountant – ACA, ACCA, CIMA
• Strong MS Excel skills
In order to be successful in this role you must be able to prove eligibility to work in the UK.
If you are successful at interview and the Company considers making an offer of employment, you may be asked to give your consent to the following pre-employment check[s] being undertaken by our third party provider, Experian (or any other appropriate third party provider that the Company chooses to engage).
The type of checks made will depend on the role in question but may include any or all of the following
Criminal records (DBS);
The purpose of such checks will be to assess your suitability for the role. If it subsequently transpires that you have given incorrect, false or misleading information, your application will not be taken further.
Taylor Wimpey is a FTSE 100 business and one of the largest residential developers in the UK, building new homes
and communities across England, Scotland and Wales.
Our vision is to become the UK’s leading residential developer for creating value and delivering quality. We build over 10,000 homes each year, from one-bedroom apartments to six-bedroom houses all across the country.
Our people are passionate about the house building industry and about our customers. Culturally we pride ourselves in having a diverse work force with an opportunity to grow a career in a variety of environments. We look to develop our people in the skills and areas they are most interested in so if you are looking to join a thriving company going through an exciting period then please get in touch.
Internal applicants – please advise your Line Manager if applying for this role.