Land and Planning Secretary
The purpose of the role
To deliver efficient, professional secretarial/administration support to the Land and Planning Department.
- Diary/e-mail management for the Land & Planning Director.
- Typing, copying and distributing correspondence, minutes and reports
- Arranging internal and external meetings, booking meeting rooms and venues, providing refreshment and arranging hospitality as necessary
- Recording departmental holiday and sickness records for Land and Planning
- Provide administration support to Land and Planning team
- Responsibility for maintaining filing system
- Sorting and distributing the department’s post
- Work with the rest of the administrative team to manage the day to day running of the office and building
- To ensure prompt and accurate payment of departmental invoice
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with consultants , Local Authorities, Partners, concerned residents and other departments
- Co-ordinate events and hospitality for external consultants
- Training co-coordinator for the department
- Manage customer consent requests
- Deal with customers regarding incidental land issues
- Excellent secretarial and IT skills, including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and related software applications.
- Strong administrative and organisational skills, ability to multi task and prioritise workloads.
- Excellent typing skills
- Good communication and telephone skills
- Have a “Can Do” attitude and motivation to work in a team to achieve company goals
- Flexible and co-operative attitude towards work
- Friendly, polite and enthusiastic
- Neat and conscientious in their work
- Customer focused
- Capable of working to deadlines and on their own initiative.
- To have a positive attitude and the ability to work as part of a team.
In order to be successful in this role you must be able to prove eligibility to work in the UK.
Taylor Wimpey is a FTSE 100 business and one of the largest residential developers in the UK, building new homes and communities across England, Scotland and Wales.
Our vision is to become the UK’s leading residential developer for creating value and delivering quality. We build over 10,000 homes each year, from one-bedroom apartments to six-bedroom houses all across the country.
Our people are passionate about the house building industry and about our customers. Culturally we pride ourselves in having a diverse work force with an opportunity to grow a career in a variety of environments. We look to develop our people in the skills and areas they are most interested in so if you are looking to join a thriving company going through an exciting period then please get in touch.
You can no longer apply for this vacancy.