We are looking for an expert Land Manager to join our Land team within Taylor Wimpey. The successful applicant will undertake land purchase valuation exercises and negotiate contracts.
You will also be able to build and develop strong relationships at all levels with key individuals and groups of interested parties in the land acquisition and planning process e.g. landowners, agents, consultants, local authority officers, local communities, ward members, local objectors etc; Provide and monitor land market activity on a continuing basis and react to opportunities.
Within your role you will be expected to understand and input into the principles and strategic objectives of the Taylor Wimpey South East Business Strategy. Ultimately, liaise successfully with other teams within the Business Unit, particularly technical, to manage schemes from initial identification to acquisition and beyond
This is a vital role in a fast changing, competitive environment, therefore we expect you to display great communication skills, business acumen and commercial awareness with a strong attention to detail in order to assess and analyse risks and opportunities.
- Build a network of strong relationships with key contacts to monitor land and market activity ensuring that Taylor Wimpey becomes a partner of choice for any new land opportunities
- Manage consultants in the preparation of development proposals
- Collate relevant information e.g. build costs, sales projections, engineering, financial hurdles to establish a clear assessment of viability for any potential development opportunity
- Manage the initial land value appraisal and subsequent negotiations to agree purchase terms
- Instruct solicitors to agree contract documentation for a variety of legal arrangements
- Manage internal information flow to secure internal Board approvals to proposed land deals
- Input into the planning process and work with key individuals both internally and externally to ensure successful delivery
- Ensure value improvement through smart land acquisition, outstanding management of the planning process, and cost efficiency
- Monitor and update the Land Director on land market activity on a continuing basis and react appropriately to any opportunities
- Maintain internal land systems e.g. retention of land meeting minutes, land information provided from external sources and the management of the land register/portfolio of completed sites for further value or commercial opportunities.
- Degree qualification in a relevant subject or where transferable skills can be demonstrated
- The role involves travel which requires a full driving licence.
- Consistent delivery against objectives
- Attention to Detail
- Interpersonal and Negotiation skills
- A professional personal appearance and demeanour, skilful delivery of information and professional impact in both formal and informal situations.
In order to be successful in this role you must be able to prove eligibility to work in the UK.
Taylor Wimpey is a FTSE 100 business and one of the largest residential developers in the UK, building new homes and communities across England, Scotland and Wales.
Our vision is to become the UK’s leading residential developer for creating value and delivering quality. We build over 10,000 homes each year, from one-bedroom apartments to six-bedroom houses all across the country.
Our people are passionate about the house building industry and about our customers. Culturally we pride ourselves in having a diverse work force with an opportunity to grow a career in a variety of environments. We look to develop our people in the skills and areas they are most interested in so if you are looking to join a thriving company going through an exciting period then please get in touch.