Fantastic opportunity for someone to join the talented land team at Taylor Wimpey.
- Prepare appropriate briefs for architects for the preparation of feasibility schemes
- Collate build costs, market research, local planning policy summary, any technical information to produce a clear assessment of the potential success of a development
- Liaise with the internal team to produce an initial land value appraisal
- Successfully negotiate terms for land acquisition
- Build and maintain relationships with internal staff
- Prepare and obtain the necessary approvals to execute documentation
- Consider health and safety issues for any potential new sites
- Build and maintain relationships with local contacts to ensure up-to-date knowledge on current and future market opportunities
- Monitor competitor activity, as well identifying new opportunities to work with competitors
- Record and retain any land information received from external providers for future reference
- Manage and maintain the land register/portfolio
- The commissioning, co-ordination and checking of various consultant designs and reports
- Design economically and understand the commercial aspects of design decisions
- Liaise with external consultants to ensure the successful delivery of applications and decisions
- Previous successful experience in land acquisition process in housebuilding industry
- Knowledge of planning policy and process
- Commitment to a progressive career
- Degree qualification in a relevant subject or where transferable skills can be demonstrated
- RICS accreditation or desire to gain RICS accreditation
- Full driving licence
In order to be successful in this role you must be able to prove eligibility to work in the UK.
Taylor Wimpey is a FTSE 100 business and one of the largest residential developers in the UK, building new homes and communities across England, Scotland and Wales.
Our vision is to become the UK’s leading residential developer for creating value and delivering quality. We build over 10,000 homes each year, from one-bedroom apartments to six-bedroom houses all across the country.
Our people are passionate about the house building industry and about our customers. Culturally we pride ourselves in having a diverse work force with an opportunity to grow a career in a variety of environments. We look to develop our people in the skills and areas they are most interested in so if you are looking to join a thriving company going through an exciting period then please get in touch.
Internal applicants – please advise your Line Manager if applying for this role.