The role will be an ideal opportunity for an enthusiastic and talented individual, with existing experience in the housebuilding sector and preferably with some land experience, to build a career in this area of the industry.
The successful candidate will be part of the land team that secures new sites for housing development through seeking out new opportunities, converts strategic land opportunities, undertakes land purchase exercises and negotiating contracts for purchase to ensure the budgeted number of outlets for the business unit are achieved.
You will also negotiate PH deals with RSL’s and to assist with all land associated activities for the RBU. Land sales and assets disposal would also form part of the remit.
- To assist in the preparation of land bids both using internal and external resource, including detailed site research
- To approach, foster and maintain relationships with land owners, land agents and peer developers seeking new opportunities for the business
- To seek, foster and maintain relationships with external parties to ensure progressing of our land assets
- To assist in preparing Land Purchase Exercise and Land Disposal Exercises to achieve approvals
- To maintain the land contact data base
- As Land Negotiator/Assistant Land Manager, whilst directly related experience is preferred, the desire to learn, an aptitude to problem solve, a “can do” attitude and a desire to rise to challenges is also important.
- Knowledge and interest in the development process, the housing market and the industry in general is essential.
In order to be successful in this role you must be able to prove eligibility to work in the UK.
Taylor Wimpey is a FTSE 100 business and one of the largest residential developers in the UK, building new homes and communities across England, Scotland and Wales.
Our vision is to become the UK’s leading residential developer for creating value and delivering quality. We build over 10,000 homes each year, from one-bedroom apartments to six-bedroom houses all across the country.
Our people are passionate about the house building industry and about our customers. Culturally we pride ourselves in having a diverse work force with an opportunity to grow a career in a variety of environments. We look to develop our people in the skills and areas they are most interested in so if you are looking to join a thriving company going through an exciting period then please get in touch.
Internal candidates – Please inform your line manager before applying