The aim will be to equip the Trainee with an appreciation of the Company’s overall business. Thereafter, and subject to the Trainee’s performance and a suitable vacancy, it will also be the intention to employ the Trainee in an appropriate permanent position.
- Supported by a Mentor, time will be spent within the Land, Technical, Production, Sales, Commercial, Customer Services and Finance departments in order to gain a broad view of the business and to become familiar with its terminology and its administrative requirements. Following the departmental rotation they will specialise in a function. Throughout these placements they will also be required to carry out general administrative tasks throughout the office, including covering reception, mail duties and ordering of stationery.
- The Trainee’s progress will be reviewed regularly by the relevant Line Manager and formally by appraisal at six monthly intervals.
- It is expected that the Trainee will continue their academic learning by undertaking a recognised and relevant training course on a day release basis at a local college
- Competent PC skills, including MS Word, Excel, Outlook
- Must have good administrative and organisations skills, ability to multi-task and be able to prioritise workload
- Must be a self-starter, and able to be extremely flexible with regards to daily work
- Ability to work under pressure
In order to be successful in this role you must be able to prove eligibility to work in the UK.
Taylor Wimpey is a FTSE 100 business and one of the largest residential developers in the UK, building new homes and communities across England, Scotland and Wales.
Our vision is to become the UK’s leading residential developer for creating value and delivering quality. We build over 10,000 homes each year, from one-bedroom apartments to six-bedroom houses all across the country.
Our people are passionate about the house building industry and about our customers. Culturally we pride ourselves in having a diverse work force with an opportunity to grow a career in a variety of environments. We look to develop our people in the skills and areas they are most interested in so if you are looking to join a thriving company going through an exciting period then please get in touch.
Internal Applicants – Please inform your Line Manager if you wish to apply for this role