The aim will be to equip the Trainee with an appreciation of the Company’s overall business and an in-depth knowledge of the Sales and Administration functions within that business. Thereafter, and subject to the Trainee’s performance and a suitable vacancy, it will also be the intention to employ the Trainee in an appropriate permanent position.
- Supported by a Mentor, the Trainee will be based within the Sales department, with time spent within the Production, Technical, Commercial, Customer Services and Finance departments in order to gain a broad view of the business and to become familiar with its terminology and its administrative requirements. Following the departmental rotation, they will return to the Sales department. Throughout these placements they will also be required to carry out general administrative tasks throughout the office, including covering reception, mail duties and ordering of stationery
- The Trainee’s progress will be reviewed regularly by the relevant Line Manager and formally by appraisal at six monthly intervals
- All aspects of administration within the Sales Department
- New development set-ups
- Website maintenance
- Marketing – assisting the Marketing Co-Ordinator
- Respond to customer enquiries
- Cheque requests
- It is expected that the Trainee will continue their academic learning by undertaking a recognised and relevant training course on a day release basis at a local college.
- Must have good administrative and organisations skills, ability to multi-task and be able to prioritise workload
- Must be a self-starter, and able to be extremely flexible with regards to daily work
- Computer Literacy
- Ability to work under pressure
In order to be successful in this role you must be able to prove eligibility to work in the UK.
If you are successful at interview and the Company considers making an offer of employment, you may be asked to give your consent to the following pre-employment check[s] being undertaken by our third party provider, Experian (or any other appropriate third party provider that the Company chooses to engage).
The type of checks made will depend on the role in question but may include any or all of the following
Criminal records (DBS);
The purpose of such checks will be to assess your suitability for the role. If it subsequently transpires that you have given incorrect, false or misleading information, your application will not be taken further
Taylor Wimpey is a FTSE 100 business and one of the largest residential developers in the UK, building new homes and communities across England, Scotland and Wales.
Our vision is to become the UK’s leading residential developer for creating value and delivering quality. We build over 10,000 homes each year, from one-bedroom apartments to six-bedroom houses all across the country.
Our people are passionate about the house building industry and about our customers. Culturally we pride ourselves in having a diverse work force with an opportunity to grow a career in a variety of environments. We look to develop our people in the skills and areas they are most interested in so if you are looking to join a thriving company going through an exciting period then please get in touch.
Internal applicants – please advise your Line Manager if applying for this role.