Mastic Sealant Operative - Directly Employed Skilled Trades
Taylor Wimpey is a FTSE 100 business and one of the largest residential developers in the UK, building new homes and communities across England, Scotland and Wales. We are passionate about building new homes and communities with a focus on sustainability.
Taylor Wimpey takes part in the National House-Building Council (NHBC) Pride in the Job scheme, where our sites are independently assessed by the NHBC across 28 different standards. We are also committed to providing a safe place in which our employees and sub-contractors can work and to high standards of environmental management. Trades and labour are the backbone of our build process. We build over 10,000 homes a year.
We are now looking to grow our directly employed trade’s teams, so if you are looking for a career in Production then you’ll be joining a business with a passion for getting things right first time and exceeding customer expectations. We are looking for quality skilled trades people that really take pride in the work they do, manage jobs effectively and build really strong relationships within other employees on site and customers.
Career prospects in this exciting part of the business are excellent and a number of the trade workers have gone on to become Site Managers and in some cases directors.
If this is something that interests you, we currently have the following opportunity: -
The main purpose of this role is to carry out all types of mastic sealant work on private housing developments.
What you'll need to succeed:
- Ability to work independently, prioritise work and take initiative
- Able to demonstrate efficiency and reliability
- Face to face customer services experience
- A strong understanding of health and safety
- The ability to work as part of a team to reach plot completion milestones
- Ability to solve problems with the use of various materials and methods
- A strong pride in the job and a relentless dedication to quality in everything you do
- A willingness to learn and adapt skills to the role
In order to be successful in this role you must be able to prove eligibility to work in the UK and hold a full UK drivers licence.
If you are successful at interview and the Company considers making an offer of employment, you may be asked to give your consent to the following pre-employment check[s] being undertaken by our third party provider, Experian (or any other appropriate third party provider that the Company chooses to engage).
The type of checks made will depend on the role in question but may include any or all of the following
Criminal records (DBS);
The purpose of such checks will be to assess your suitability for the role. If it subsequently transpires that you have given incorrect, false or misleading information, your application will not be taken further.
What you'll get in return:
We offer a fantastic salary and package with a whole host of benefits for our directly employed skilled trades teams
- Career opportunities in a FTSE 100 business
- Pension plus company contributions
- Life Assurance
- 26 days paid holidays
- Share Save Scheme
- Membership to the Bupa cash plan, healthcare benefit
- Subsidised professional training and development
- Paid wet days
- Access to the Taylor Wimpey House purchase discount scheme
We also offer a number of other Flexible Benefits including:
- Childcare vouchers
- Dental health cover
- Free Bupa health assessments,
- Buy additional holidays,
- Cycle to work scheme,
- Discounted Gym memberships
- Retail discounts and
What you need to do now:
If you're interested in this role forward an up-to-date copy of your CV or application/covering letter detailing why you wish to apply for the role, why you think you’re suitable and any qualifications you feel are important that may help your application to email@example.com