We have a great opportunity for a Material Controller to work with the Taylor Wimpey Production team.
The successful candidate will efficiently manage the call off and delivery of materials in line with the build programme across a number of sites. To process customer options across same sites.
- Ensure materials are called off in time to meet the events programme
- Liaise with Suppliers to confirm delivery arrangements
- Follow up any outstanding orders
- Monitors build progress with site teams to ensure materials due in are still required to dates requested.
- Liaise with site teams re deliveries discrepancies / damages
- Regular checks with site teams for excess stock.
- Monitor production programmes in relation to stock and advise the Site Manager of potential shortages
- Report any schedule issues to commercial
- Undertake other duties appropriate to the position as dictated by business need
- Strong knowledge of building materials
- Building knowledge (through site production experience & materials control)
- Never compromise on safety
- Be well planned and organised
- Computer Literacy
- Full clean Driving Licence
If you are successful at interview and the Company considers making an offer of employment, you may be asked to give your consent to the following pre-employment check[s] being undertaken by our third party provider, Experian (or any other appropriate third party provider that the Company chooses to engage).
The type of checks made will depend on the role in question but may include any or all of the following
Criminal records (DBS);
The purpose of such checks will be to assess your suitability for the role. If it subsequently transpires that you have given incorrect, false or misleading information, your application will not be taken further.
In order to be successful in this role you must be able to prove eligibility to work in the UK.
Taylor Wimpey is a FTSE 100 business and one of the largest residential developers in the UK, building new homes and communities across England, Scotland and Wales.
Our vision is to become the UK’s leading residential developer for creating value and delivering quality. We build over 10,000 homes each year, from one-bedroom apartments to six-bedroom houses all across the country.
Our people are passionate about the house building industry and about our customers. Culturally we pride ourselves in having a diverse work force with an opportunity to grow a career in a variety of environments. We look to develop our people in the skills and areas they are most interested in so if you are looking to join a thriving company going through an exciting period then please get in touch.
Internal Applicants – Please ensure you inform your Line Manager before applying