We are looking for a confident, energetic and self-motivated Multi-skilled Tradesperson to make things really happen for our customers, putting them at the heart of everything we do.
The Multi-skilled Tradesperson is responsible for the day to day remediation of issues in customers’ homes. This role involves carrying out maintenance tasks in our customers’ homes involving a wide selection of skills including carpentry, dry lining, painting and decorating.
Working closely with the Customer Support Manager, the successful candidate will ensure the correct resources are available to undertake work in customers’ homes, on the appointed date and to resolve all issues once.
This is an exciting opportunity for a professional with great interpersonal, communication and relationship skills who can meet and exceed our customers’ expectations and help them with every step of their journey.
- Undertake planned and reactive remedial work with respect to all the trades; carpentry, painting, dry lining etc. and any other duties as directed by the Customer Support Manager
- Undertake any inspections of issues as required by the Customer Support Manager
- Regular customer liaison with customers in their homes.
- You will be required to work 5 days per week including 3 out of 4 Saturdays per month. You will have a day off during the week to be agreed with your line manager.
- Regular liaison with the Customer Support Team to ensure they are kept fully up to date.
- Ability to remain calm and collected when faced with difficult customers, and situations, so a high level of personal integrity and respect for others is essential.
- Ability to communicate accurately at the same level of understanding with the customer.
- Plan and carry out work in a safe, cost effective manner.
- To be aware and observe any opportunity to reduce costs and improve standards and ensure those ideas are shared with your team.
- Ensure that Health and Safety is followed and site regulations are adhered to.
- Ability to work independently, prioritise work and take initiative
- Able to demonstrate efficiency and reliability in previous roles.
- Great Interpersonal, communication and relationship skills.
- Face to face customer services experience
- Works well under pressure/in a fast moving environment
- Housebuilding or related industry experience
In order to be successful in this role you must be able to prove eligibility to work in the UK.
Please note that all applicants may be subject to a check of your current driving license (any applicant with more than 6 points will not be considered), an online driver risk assessment/e-learning modules and a 1-2-1 in car driving assessment. Any applicant that is identified as ‘high risk’ will be withdrawn from the process.
Taylor Wimpey is a FTSE 100 business and one of the largest residential developers in the UK, building new homes and communities across England, Scotland and Wales.
Our vision is to become the UK’s leading residential developer for creating value and delivering quality. We build over 10,000 homes each year, from one-bedroom apartments to six-bedroom houses all across the country.
Our people are passionate about the house building industry and about our customers. Culturally we pride ourselves in having a diverse work force with an opportunity to grow a career in a variety of environments. We look to develop our people in the skills and areas they are most interested in so if you are looking to join a thriving company going through an exciting period then please get in touch.