We are looking for a vigilant, committed and highly skilled Operations Manager to join the team at Taylor Wimpey Logistics.
The role of Operations Manager is a critical position and delivers huge impact both on the customer experience and on bottom line performance within Taylor Wimpey Logistics (TWL).
Health & Safety is Taylor Wimpey’s number one priority, and in this role you will act as the H&S lead for the business working in conjunction with the Regional HSE Advisor and Site Management Team.
Managing 3 direct reports, you will oversee c.35 Warehouse operatives and will motivate them to not only meet but also to exceed expectations.
- Responsibility for the operation, ensuring best practice is followed to deliver the optimum and most cost efficient solution, ensuring the operation is maximised and service levels met
- Weekly / Monthly Health & Safety Inspections and subsequent follow up action
- Budget / Cost management
- Compliance with company and local statutory obligations regarding working time legislation, Health & Safety and Quality
- Ensure effective communication processes are established and maintained for both external/internal customers
- Employee engagement at all levels
- Plan, recruit and manage your team
- Identify and develop potential creating a pipeline to ensure future success and support growth
- Managing, reviewing and reporting of KPIs
- Performance Management at all levels
- Provide management information for Monthly Board Meetings
- Hold regular meetings with external suppliers / 3rd Parties
- Explore opportunities to maximise efficiency and use of the Warehouse Management System
- Create an environment to promote a multi skilled workforce
- Health & Safety experience / qualifications
- Previous experience of Warehouse and Transport Operations
- Excellent Leadership skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Be competent in continuous improvement methodologies (Kaizen etc)
- Have an impressive track record of delivering change
- Experience of managing MHE (Mechanical Handling Equipment) Contracts
- A strong customer focus
- Team commitment
- Possess an adaptable and flexible attitude
- High level of IT Skills (WMS, ERP and Microsoft)
In order to be successful in this role you must be able to prove eligibility to work in the UK.
Taylor Wimpey is a FTSE 100 business and one of the largest residential developers in the UK, building new homes and communities across England, Scotland and Wales.
Our vision is to become the UK’s leading residential developer for creating value and delivering quality. We build over 10,000 homes each year, from one-bedroom apartments to six-bedroom houses all across the country.
Our people are passionate about the house building industry and about our customers. Culturally we pride ourselves in having a diverse work force with an opportunity to grow a career in a variety of environments. We look to develop our people in the skills and areas they are most interested in so if you are looking to join a thriving company going through an exciting period then please get in touch.