We are looking for a confident and knowledgeable Pensions Manager who will oversee the inhouse function of a large DB trust based scheme which is closed to new members and accrual, a current contract based DC pension scheme as well as a master trust.
This role requires the candidate to drive through change and lead the inhouse pensions department to add creative value to the wider HR team.
The successful candidate will be accountable for the day to day running of the department, budget responsibility and maintaining a good relationship between the company and the trustee.
- Possess a strong understanding of the UK pensions market and current trends in retirement and other savings vehicles.
- Initiate and support strategic reviews into the evolution of pension and benefits landscape as the legislative environment changes and needs arise, for example, potential alternative savings vehicles.
- Leading change projects, and budget responsibility.
- Deliver the operational efficiency to allow the Trustees and the Company to manage the complexities of their responsibilities in a timely manner with suitable support and information.
- Manage / support as appropriate, contact with the HR community and the business on pensions delivery, policy and change management.
- Be a key company contact with external providers and ensure that there is appropriate communication between the actuaries, legal advisers and consultants. Set and manage budgets with external providers as appropriate.
- Act as Secretary to the Trustee.
- Deliver pensions as part of the wider employee benefits value proposition.
- Ensure that role clarity between Reward CoE, Trustees, internal functions and external advisers is clearly defined and managed on an ongoing basis.
- Lead changes to communications and financial education requirements, either through a change in strategic direction, a programme change or legislation change.
- Strong technical knowledge and understanding of the UK pension plans. Provide technical pensions support to senior employees and to the HR community
- Experience of pensions' team management, demonstrating the capability to lead, motivate and develop a team and be technically strong.
- Actively lead, manage and support a team of 2, to include coaching and the identification of development needs as well as support in studying towards professional qualifications.
- Experience in dealing with external providers and senior stakeholder management.
- APMI Qualified
- Professional Impact - Demonstrates understanding of the behaviours and motivations of others
- Solution Focused - Actively seeks out issues and problems and solves them
- Makes Informed Decisions
- Planned & Organised
In order to be successful in this role you must be able to prove eligibility to work in the UK. The team is based in Warwick with UK wide travel required occasionally. Taylor Wimpey operates a flexible working policy.
Taylor Wimpey is a FTSE 100 business and one of the largest residential developers in the UK, building new homes and communities across England, Scotland and Wales.
Our vision is to become the UK’s leading residential developer for creating value and delivering quality. We build over 10,000 homes each year, from one-bedroom apartments to six-bedroom houses all across the country.
Our people are passionate about the house building industry and about our customers. Culturally we pride ourselves in having a diverse work force with an opportunity to grow a career in a variety of environments. We look to develop our people in the skills and areas they are most interested in so if you are looking to join a thriving company going through an exciting period then please get in touch.
Internal applicants – please advise your Line Manager if applying for this role.