Fantastic role that proactively manages the cross functional SI-SS Process from offer acceptance through to effective site hand-over for their allocated projects. Each PM will be expected to manage a portfolio of projects.
- Lead, motivate and coordinate cross-functional project teams
- Ensure cross-functional project team members understand their role and responsibilities and what is expected of them
- Promote/encourage a ‘no surprises’ attitude to/from all those involved in project delivery
- Empowered to drive projects forward at all stages
- Ensure team dynamics are strong
- Promote and support awareness of, and adherence to, Taylor Wimpey Health, Safety and Environmental standards and policies for all project work
- Complete Project planning for entire project and for individual stages
- Monitor performance versus the above plans and update/refine through the project to ensure on track and to proactively address variances identified which may impact project timescales, financials, health, safety & the environment or quality
- Track, coordinate and manage project-level risks and issues
- During all stages of all sites within own portfolio in the pre-development phase, be fully cognisant of project status, key risks and critical path at any point in time
- Escalate promptly to Project Sponsor or Functional director according to the situation when you cannot resolve an issue or manage a risk impacting the success of the project
- Report on overall status of own project(s)
- Lead regular project team status reviews to monitor performance and support effective project communication, team focus and alignment
- Ensure attendees complete their tasks in readiness for effective/efficient review meetings
- Co-ordinate and manage project meetings in a timely and efficient manner, ensuring all relevant action points are noted, recorded and followed-up
- Manage the pre-distribution of information and taking of minutes from all meetings together with updated documentation such as programmes and status reports
- Make sure that an effective handover takes place to the assigned Production Manager
- Conduct a post-site start review of actual versus planned performance across the SI-SS scope and identify/document and share lessons learned. Produce report to document and share this
- Genuinely interested in project management
- Forward thinker capable of adapting to specific project circumstances
- Able to create and manage timeline schedules (“programmes”), in particular Critical Path
- Able to analyse and monitor financial statements
- Excellent risk awareness (including risk to quality, timing, financial viability and HSE)
- Has a high-level awareness and understanding of a typical end to end housebuilding process from identifying land through to building on the land and adding value to the land
- Strong awareness of the importance of health, safety and environmental aspects associated with a project and associated proactive risk management required
- Holding a cross-sector recognised project management qualification such as APMP, PMP or PRINCE2 Practitioner or above, would be advantageous
In order to be successful in this role you must be able to prove eligibility to work in the UK.
Taylor Wimpey is a FTSE 100 business and one of the largest residential developers in the UK, building new homes and communities across England, Scotland and Wales.
Our vision is to become the UK’s leading residential developer for creating value and delivering quality. We build over 10,000 homes each year, from one-bedroom apartments to six-bedroom houses all across the country.
Our people are passionate about the house building industry and about our customers. Culturally we pride ourselves in having a diverse work force with an opportunity to grow a career in a variety of environments. We look to develop our people in the skills and areas they are most interested in so if you are looking to join a thriving company going through an exciting period then please get in touch.
Internal Applicants – Please advise your Line Manager if applying for this role.