At Taylor Wimpey we are passionate about building new homes and communities with a focus on sustainability. An opportunity has arisen for a customer-focused, Production Manager, who shows great leadership and decision making skills.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the management and control of a number of developments within the Business Unit, in order to achieve high standards of construction quality in a controlled cost environment, contributing to the Region’s profitability.
You will also be responsible for meeting planned objectives and maintain high standards of health and safety at all times. Also, will liaise with other Department Heads to ensure budgeted objectives are met with a commitment to build and motivate a team and continued staff development. Assist and deputise for the Production Director as required.
- Ensure the pre start Health and Safety plan is fully developed prior to site start in accordance with Health and Safety Executive Directive.
- Ensure the required registers and site specific environmental action plan (SSEAP) is produced in accordance with company guidelines.
- Ensure that the Taylor Wimpey Health and Safety Procedures Manual is complied with at all times.
- Assist the Production Director to appraise the project buildability in conjunction with the Development Department and produce a construction programme.
- Attend pre planning, pre tender and pre start meetings to ensure all necessary construction issues are addressed prior to commencement on site.
- Lead a team of site managers to deliver house plots across multiple sites in line with customer expectations
- Overall project management responsibility for the successful delivery of developments across the Manchester area
- Work with the Sales & Marketing and the Customer Services teams to ensure a successful customer journey
- Work closely with the commercial teams to ensure all sites have sufficient materials and labour to execute production requirements
- Liaise with site managers on build programmes to ensure sites are on track to deliver within expected timescales
- Deputise for Production Director when required and attend all necessary internal and supplier meetings
- Extensive previous production knowledge.
- Planned & Organised professional with Focus on Solutions and collaboration
- Strong networker, totally committed to community involvement
- High level of service delivery in a customer centric environment
- Excellent communicator and leader of trade/site management teams
- Able to educate and improve subordinates to achieve best results.
- Strong team player with an energetic outlook.
In order to be successful in this role you must be able to prove eligibility to work in the UK.
Taylor Wimpey is a FTSE 100 business and one of the largest residential developers in the UK, building new homes and communities across England, Scotland and Wales.
Our vision is to become the UK’s leading residential developer for creating value and delivering quality. We build over 10,000 homes each year, from one-bedroom apartments to six-bedroom houses all across the country.
Our people are passionate about the house building industry and about our customers. Culturally we pride ourselves in having a diverse work force with an opportunity to grow a career in a variety of environments. We look to develop our people in the skills and areas they are most interested in so if you are looking to join a thriving company going through an exciting period then please get in touch.